help me remove noise from my vinyl setup

hi all,

i have a low-output vinyl setup, and the noise hovers around -60 dB. i would like it to be lower. can you let me know where the problem might lie and suggest solutions?

i have a Technics SL-1200 (M3D) that i got from KAB, with most of the upgrades... fluid damped tonearm, Cardas tonearm wires, strobe light disabled, and the external power supply/conditioner. i have the low-output Grado Sonata1 (statement series) and Cardas headshell wires. i have Grado's prestige interconnect cables between the turntable and a Grado PH-1 phono stage. finally, i have a Blue Jeans MSA-1 cable between the PH-1 and an ASUS Xonar DX sound card in my computer.

here's a recording of the noise:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/1y89l5

there is also a slight popping/crackling noise, can you hear it?

i borrowed a Furman PL-8 Series II power conditioner from a friend, and tried plugging the PH-1 into that. i also tried plugging the turntable power supply into it. ...it didn't help any.

many thanks.
scar
thanks.

can anyone recommend a SUT for my setup? i honestly don't have any experience with them. i'm sure i can pick up a few things by reading various threads around here, but i always appreciate some first-hand recommendation based on my current equipment. i'll need a pair of cables too, probably not longer than 3 feet.

the output of the sonata is 0.5 mV and the Low-gain setting of the PH-1 is 40 dB, suitable for a 1.5-5 mV input (according to the specs).
i am looking through some SUT's around here. i need some clarification on specifications. like load impedance or something.

my cartridge says it has "Imput Load 47K" and "Resistance 2".

i see some SUT's have selection switches, also. "bypass"? "passive"? what are those?

what am i looking for in a SUT that will work in my system?

thanks.
Scar, the SUT is recommended for its noise-filtering properties -- no?
OTOH, if cartridge & pre are OK, it's either a cable problem, or a grounding problem, -- or simply the area there is very noisy... Strange!
i have heard from someone else that "The Sonata has an output of 47k ohms and any SUT will also add reflected impedance. The Sonata can only be used with a Head Amp. No SUT will work with it."

what should i buy?
Scar, the Sonata has an impedance much lower than that.

The Jensen JT-44K-DX will likely do the job quite well. see

http://www.jensen-transformers.com/mc.html