Brinkmann Bardo

I just replaced a Clearaudio Avantgarde Magnum with a Brinkmann Bardo. Both had the Phantom tonearm II.

Wondering if anyone else has bought this table and what their thoughts are?

My initial impressions are that it grabs your attention and does not let you wander off in thoughts as you listen to music. Maybe a little less open then the Clearaudio, but more grounded and solid as a result.
I definitely like it more than the Balance, which I found to be too "damped" and a bit boring to listen too.

I also felt that changing the arm to the Graham resulted in a more profound change and improvement to the character of the system than the table swap.
dbjain
Downunder: "Hiho Chill mate"

Fair enough. Let's get back to talking about turntables and other fun stuff.

I am sure the P3 is wonderful as I have owned several Pioneer models before. And one thing I noticed is that Pioneer bearings are always excellent quality, especially their Stable Hanging Rotor (SHR) motors, compare to many competing designs (Sony's BSL motors uses plastic to hold the bearing well!!). Not to mention very reliable electronically. Their PL-L1000 linear tracking table is one clever design, same motor in their higher models, but the whole thing is mounted on a piece of suspended plastic!! I always thought if they could go for the whole nine yard and mount that onto something more solid and substantial, it could be a killer. That's why I gutted the motor out and made a plinth for it. It was then I realized many quality inexpensive direct-drive turntables with great motors and potentials being stifled by their awful plastic plinth and flimsy tonearms. I guess they reserved all that for their flagship products like the P3, so I have no doubt the P3 is an amazing product and it looks super cool, especially when in Robocop nude.
_____
Wow...there's some serious engineering in that P3.
Downunder, awesome tt ... can't be too many of them here in Oz.
Wjsamx, thanks for your advice. I too am fascinated by the Artemis tt.
thanks Lespier. I believe I had the only one til this week when my mate Jaspert took delivery of one.

The P3, Lewm's Kenwood LO7D and other dd's prove that Brinkman are on the right track to ressurect the technology.

Another mate of mine bought the Monaco DD table and sold his Basis Debut as it was getting no play.
I think the tonearm match with these tables is probably a very important factor, if not the most important factor when attempting to compare them. If you hear the Brinkmann tables with the brinkmann tonearm, you may walk away feeling unimpressed (as I did when auditioning the Balance). With the Graham Phantom, the results were entirely different. The Artemis labs SA1 can be auditioned with the arm for the table. I would imagine that the same table with the Reference tonearm will be another beast alltogether.
>>06-18-10: Dbjain
I think the tonearm match with these tables is probably a very important factor<<

Totally agree.

I'm using a Dynavector 507 II and Triplanar on an Oasis with wonderful results.

Dealer disclaimer.