Graham Phantom II VS Vector 4 Tonearm

Has anybody compared these two great arms?
jebsmith73
Kipdent, a caution. While it might seem impolite to refuse Ebm's generous offer of some giddy biscuits, please consider your health before accepting. We wouldn't want to lose you.
I suggest you contact "Larryi" to get the name of his friend who has both the Vector 3 and a Graham Phantom mounted on his Basis 2500. That way you can get an informed opinion.

(Here is a link to the thread in which Larry states his friend prefers the Vector to the Phantom.)

Scan down for Larryi's second response

Good Luck in your search!
Giddy biscuits?

I didn't know Rush was in the snack food business.

Nothing wrong with diversification.

What's next, Plant food?
I have set up both on the same table a Basis Debut Vacuum. As I type, I'm staring at a Debut vacuum right now with a Vector arm on it sitting in my listening room. I also have a close friend with the same cartridge and phonostage I use that has a Phantom Arm on a Basis Debut table. The two arms, once mastered, are really good however different in approach and execution.

These are two of about 5 tonearms that I consider to be very well executed functional designs that I’ve observed in action that were setup correctly.

Given that you already own the Phantom II; my question would be the following. What are you not content with and what are you looking for that you may feel the Vector IV can offer?
Dre_i,

Started with a Phantom I , upgraded to the II. Very nice improvement. With my system NOT powered up, did a needle drop on a spun up record . You can hear the music and vocals coming from the tone arm over two feet away! A musical tonearm that sings. So... on goes the Vector IV to my new arm board . News at 11:00