Vinyl lovers I must be crazy

I have been in the hobby for about 40 years and it seems that I enjoyed my simple system back in the 70's more than my high end system of today. My old system consisted of a receiver (sherwood, marantz) a basic turntable (later upgraded ro a B&O) and various speakers. My current system the cables cost 5 times the entire 70's system and the rest of the gear is top notch. I am not saying the 1970's system was better but I think I enjoyed it much better than today's system. The 70's system was a all vinyl system and my current system I strictly listen to Cd's. Is that the problem listening to CD's? For you vinyl lovers what do you think? For those that made the switch back to playing records are you listening more now? Enjoying your system more? What type of vinyl dollar outlay did it cost to reach vinyl nirvana?

Any feedback would be appreicated. Thanks!
bobheinatz
Could be your pre is sending your analog signal through a digital processor which would explain why you're not hearing much difference. My CD players and computers route to the same converter (Weiss DAC1MK2) so the difference is negligible.

When I rip vinyl to the PC it goes to MM on an Audiolab 8000-C, line out to line in of a modified DAK 2800-PC. All the capacitors in this unit have been exchanged for Nichicon Muse. This required rebuilding it to accommodate the physically larger capacitors. Phono amp out to line in of computer. After it's stored on the hardrive, it comes out digital to a Music Streamer II, and from there to the input of a modified Audible Illusions Pre.

The question I asked involved the difference, if any, between a CD from your playback list on the PC, as opposed to the same CD from your CD player.
If you're using that conversion system and can't hear the difference between your records and your hard drive files then I don't what to say. You should be able to hear the difference from across the street at rush hour.

The solution is simple for me, I do have much invested in my analog setup because the most critical listening I do is in the living room. Now, I also have other systems that I do more casual listening, and here is where my Denon CDR comes into play. I record directly from my phono pre into the Denon via RCA or XLR. You can’t get any better than that IMO. I then listen to those recording on my other systems...including my car stereo. The recordings beat the heck out of the same music purchase on CD. I then can convert the recorded cd's into any format that I want through the PC. This way I can archive my recordings into lossless format for any time I want to make a copy. All this through a 500 dollar Denon professional CDR.
From across the Atlantic at any hour. Orpheus10, this sounds strange to me, really.