Best TT for the buck?

Hello everyone, This is my first post on the website as i have just become a member. I am fairly new to hifi audio and want to get a turntable. I want the audio quality to be very good, considering my price range that is and i am not opposed at all to going the used route and may even prefer it. My budget will be no more that 600 and trying to keep that to 500. All opinions are appreciated!
Thanks for any advice or help in advance. Ive already lost several hours on the website. its very addictive
hiphopapotomas
Thanks for all the help guys. This really is a great community. I'll be sure to let y'all know what I get.
I get no respect fot this but I recently scored a clean Linn Basik/Akito and stuck an AT440MLA in it...it works VERY well and I thought I'd just use it for a little while and replace it...but it stays! In your price range for sure.
I'll second Adam18, there is absolutely no way you should buy used if you're new. I recently discovered that my cartridge azimuth was a fraction off, that fraction deprived me of a $1000. worth of sound. If you decide to buy used, you will first have to go to TT college.