Kuzma 4Point vs Airline - is it worth the upgrade?

l have owned a Kuzma 4Point arm for a few years now mounted on a Kuzma Stabi XL2. l have the opportunity to change to a Kuzma Airline and was hoping to hear from members who have heard both and whether they think the switch is worthwhile. There is not much l can find on the net comparing the two.

For a similar cost l could add two motors to my XL2 converting it to an XL4, could the upgrade there be more significant than the Airline vs. 4Point?

Interested to hear fellow 'Goners opinions.

Cheers,
Simon
mondie
Since Kuzma sells (or used to)rebraded ZYX carts l reckon my 4D is a pretty safe bet on an Airline.
Syntax, the 4Point is not as you describe. Perhaps there was a gross mismatch with the cartridge, or maybe the cartridge was poorly set up or imcorrectly loaded. Big, bold, dynamic, tonally rich, low noise, and nuanced are what my customers and I hear. But don't take my word for it: certainly in this price range one should pursue an audition.

Dealer disclaimer.
Thanks for the feedback in this thread. l have committed to buying an Airline so will have all the answers in a week or so :)

Cheers,
mondie
congrats Mondie! if you are balancing your TT after mounting you may use small paper leaves (double or more sheets) to put it under one of the TTs edges - just to reach a fully balanced condition. This is helpful for the best working condition of the Airline.

best & fun only - Thuchan
I just read Mikey's review of the Kuzma 4Point in the September Stereophile.

I am always intrigued by clever design and technology. (I really enjoyed reading and understanding the design of the Well Tempered Turntable and Arm. Also the Garrard Zero 100 from earlier years.) The review suggested that the Kuzma 4Point was innovative and clever in its design.

But for the life of me, I could not understand Mikey's description of the bearing. It was completely opaque to me.

I am glad to find that some of you have some experience with this arm. Can you share with me your understanding of how the bearing is implemented? I am intrigued and itching with curiosity!