Kuzma 4Point vs Airline - is it worth the upgrade?

l have owned a Kuzma 4Point arm for a few years now mounted on a Kuzma Stabi XL2. l have the opportunity to change to a Kuzma Airline and was hoping to hear from members who have heard both and whether they think the switch is worthwhile. There is not much l can find on the net comparing the two.

For a similar cost l could add two motors to my XL2 converting it to an XL4, could the upgrade there be more significant than the Airline vs. 4Point?

Interested to hear fellow 'Goners opinions.

Cheers,
Simon
mondie
The Morch DP6 tonearm is a two point bearing design and one spike/cup is height adjustable in order to change azimuth. Perhaps the set screw on the spike of the Kuzma 4Point is for that too.
Adjusting one of the spikes to adjust azimuth has some problems. For one, it is a relatively crude adjustment. For another, adjusting it would very slightly increase or decrease the distance between the points (Pythagoras' theorem).

The 4Point azimuth adjustment is accomplished nicely via the grub screw in the bottom of the arm tube which is perpendicular to it, seen in the photo of the upside down arm for the purpose of showing the vertical bearing spikes. The section of the arm tube near the pivot is about 1 1/4" long, to which the rest of the arm tube is attached. Very fine azimuth adjustments are possible.

Yes, Jameswei. That is the link. I was very sloppy with my links. Thanks.

Here's the jpeg link explaining the Origin Life tonearm.

_______
Don't take me wrong but it seems funny to me that MF discovered the 4point as the last in the row :-) To have a fair comparison one needs to run both arms (Airline and 4 point) on similar TTs with the same arms and carts which I did. Memories from a test long time ago are not a great support for real comparisons.

best & fun only
Thuchan -- "Don't take me wrong but it seems funny to me that MF discovered the 4point as the last in the row :-)"

You make a good point about too much time passing between reviews to make a reliable comparison.

Part of it must be that the 4point was introduced years after the Airline. Or so I seem to recall.
Jameswei, you are right, the 4 Point arrived later, at me in May 2008.the Airline I have since December 2005 (I believe it came to market in 2004). It was one of the first units of the 4 Point I received and it was a pleasure to compare both units. In the meantime Mr Kuzma did some small improvements on the headshell etc.

best & fun only