The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
Mickey Katz was the first and the absolute pioneer of using cat hair for cabinet damping; the results were amazing with much more open detail than synthetic fibres or wool. The cat hair was collected washed 3 time in a lime based soap and then ratted into pillowy balls.

Yes, they sounded fantastic
Funny as I just hooked up my new/used Ayre AX7e integrated with my Proac Supertowers and WOW what a difference. I'm still using the 'tubed' MIT CVTerminator (made for tubed gear). Talk about a HUGE difference. The speakers sound warm and inviting. Huge soundstage pin point imaging. Air around every note and there is a wall of music with depth and even some height, lol. I'm loving them again. I still want the Vandy Treo's, but until I can sell off everything else, I have a great system in place that is musical. I"m hearing things I haven't heard since my Quickie pre/silver mono's were hooked up.
No, the ProAc's are one of the three pair of Proac's I'm selling as I"m going to buy the Treo's. I just didn't realize how good these Proacs are. The dealer installed new drivers and made some upgrades he said and right afterwards I had to switch out to a small NAD integrated as my wife wanted remote control. This is why I'm selling my Quicksilver pre and amps too. I have just decided to sell off everything and start over.
Large Magnepan electrostatic panel speakers at hi-fi shows always leave me with the impression of best sound at the show; and they are actually relatively inexpensive.
However, I would never want to house these huge 'room dividers' in my living environment.