"Harder" cartridge recomendation

After some time with EMT TSD15SPH, which is basically my first serious cart (along with it's EMT930 platform and 929 arm), I comeback to the question of finding something faster, "harder", more transparent perhaps but I do like "bigger sound". I'm mounting a second arm on 930: SME3012R and I'm looking for a fast cart in 1-1.2kEU range. Phono is a diy 834 with Tribute nano crystal SUT's.

I've been looking at SPU Royal N, but IIRC EMT somehow derives from the SPU family, so it may or may not be what I have in mind.

Any opinions? Thanks,
bydlo
bydlo
Pani, click on 'search' and write FR-7 or search for the
'Fidelity Research cartiridge' thread.
Pani,
Leaving aside my preferred MM cartridges and comparing my FR-7f (Axel modified) to the 10 or 11 LOMCs I have heard in my system.......I would say that the FR-7f is my 'go-to' cartridge when I wish to listen to a MC.

For 6 or 7 years.......the ZYX UNIverse was my favourite LOMC (and I'm on my 3rd one).
The UNIverse has few faults and one doesn't tend to segregate its sound into the famous three divisions of Bass, Midrange and Treble when listening to it, such is its neutrality.
Above and beyond this near perfect frequency response......is the UNIverse's ability (rare amongst any cartridges)......to emotionally connect to the music hidden deep within the vinyl grooves.
The Dynavector XV1s is a good cartridge IMO......but it doesn't posses the neutrality nor the purity of the UNIverse. Nor does it connect as deeply with the emotion of the music. But it can sometimes impress by deceit?

The FR-7f(Axel modified) sounds almost identical to the UNIverse with just a hint more excitement and high-frequency extension.
Whilst its soundstage can be wide.....there is a slight lack of depth if that is important to you?
And its bass.....whilst all there....is not as tight or controlled as some other cartridges.
The original FR-7f with the conical stylus (which I had before the Axel modification)....had all the sonic characteristics described above but without the ultimate finesse, extension and clarity.
This put it....in my ranking....just behind the UNIverse whilst the Axel modification places it just ahead of the UNIverse in my system.

With an output of just .18mv.....you need a phono stage with plenty of gain and those who prefer their valves can reach Nirvana with an appropriate SUT.
A heavy cartridge with low compliance.......the FR-7 series requires a high-mass ultra-rigid arm with perfect bearings and negligible friction.

Beloved by those German and Japanese audiophiles in the know......some would say that with the FR-7f, one can close the chapter on phono cartridges?

I however....have heard the celestial sounds from the mountain peak and consequently maintain an open book?
Dear Lew, 'somebody' made a category error. You, as singer,
may be called 'Prima donna' while your dancing capability
is totally unknown.
Nandric, Who said I can't dance? Baryshnikov?

I have been wondering how those few "in the know" would compare the other Holy Grail of no longer available cartridges, the Technics 100C MkIV, to the Mk7f. But that is OT, and I apologize for bringing it up.

Halcro, Top Class want ~$2000US for that Mk7f. More than most eBay prices. But if it's as good as you say, after the massage from Axel, then surely it is worth it when one considers the cost of any modern TOTL MC. On the other hand, you did infer that your true current favorites are MM types, which likely cost a lot less.
Dear Lew, your capabilities are incredible. Like Diogenes
to Alexander I can only say: 'move a little bit out of the son'.
BTW I am sorry for you and Halcro but some LOMC's are better than whatever MM cart there are. Among those I rank Takedas's Miyabi Standard as the best I know. Deed you btw know that the Serbians are not only the 'born warriors' but
also the 'born dancers'? In this sense the qualification 'primabalerina' can be used by Bydldo.