Koetsu Urushi

I have had nothing but bad luck. I bought it low hours used, a 1986 model. Bad slide across album, lost the tip. Sent it back to Koetsu. Complete rebuild $2500. Again don't know how this time, stylus tip gone. Sent it back again just replacing the stylus shaft. Recently I have felt the sound quality wasn't as good. Upon inspection the shaft is slightly off center? First question do you think this "slight" off center will affect sound. Second question, any recommendations for another cart of same or better quality? I am sick of all of these expensive problems with Koetsu
route30
Forget about Koetsu, send it to soundsmith for an (inexpensive) evaluation...
If you have a warranty, send it back to Koetsu, if not, I agree with the above poster...send it to Soundsmith.
I own and like a Koetsu Urushi. I bought two of them in Tokyo direct from a local dealer (one extra for a friend). Neither had a cantilever ("stylus shaft" in your parlance) that was "straight", by which I presume you mean parallel to the sides of the cartridge body. One was so far askew that I sent it back for an exchange. The replacement was done right. I think their quality control is not so great, but they have good intentions. Problem is whether you can get yours fixed by them without your having a local representation in Tokyo. (I went through my Tokyo dealer when I made my exchange.)