European Vibraplane?

I was trying to find an EU analog of the Vibraplane and came across Iso-Plate from Thor Labs:

http://www.thorlabs.de/NewGroupPage9.cfm?ObjectGroup_ID=2612

The specs look a bit worse then Vibraplane 2210 (resonant freq. is said to be at 3.5max vs 2.5Hz). The pricing, esp. without the breadboard is aceptable. I'm wondering if anyone has tried it?

Cheers,
bydlo
bydlo
I would not be concerned with the small difference in resonant frequency.

I see the Thor is priced in USD. You say EU analog of Vibraplane, is the Thor available where you live for a great price? I notice they have a web link to distributors so perhaps best to contact one near you with questions.

With any of these active platforms shipping is one of the overlooked factors. They typically weigh between 150 and 200 pounds before addition of the required air pump.
The price they quote based on my EU IP is 870EU (+VAT most probably), 900x600 unit. They have warehouses and manufacturing plants in EU, so shipping should be within reasonable limits. Apart from that the platfrom without the breadboard is "only" 30kg or so.

I do not know if this is the exact analog of the Vibraplane, it seems the construction is a bit different, so I'm looking for any info/feedback in audio application.
I have not heard that model but it's design is similar to Vibraplane. It should work wonders with your audio components, especially if you need to isolate a turntable.

In short, I would have no concerns purchasing it, especially if you have some guarantee and shipping is not too dear.

If that does not work out, another option is a used Vibraplane at Audiogon or Ebay. Only the air pump requires voltage match with your location. The Vibraplane itself is completely mechanical.

Here is an example of used Vibraplane. They can be had for less.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KINETIC-SYSTEMS-BENCHMATE-2212-VIBRATION-FREE-BENCH-PLATFORM-04-0727-WORK-TABLE-/260937207590?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cc111cf26
Albert is correct you can get them used for significantly less than new but WARNING!!!! Over 12 customers have bought used recently and every Vibraplane came damaged ( one guy bought several extra just to use for parts). These used VPs carry no warranty and most needed 1 or 2 isolators replaced at a cost of $450 per isolator. Customers get very upset when they find out the cost of replacement parts so just want to make sure all are aware.
Best of luck and please make sure they ship them in their original packing.
Steve
Steve, I think we are actually in touch--you are getting quotations to EU for me :-)

Buying Vibraplane used or from SOS in US doesn't resolve the biggest problem which is shipping. Hence my search for an EU alternative.