Can a $3K table be among the best out there?

I am on the market for a $3K turntable. I am going back to analog after a number of years so I know little of current market. So, I did some research and stumbled across the Townshend Rock 7 and WT Amadeus tables. I've read a lot about them.. The impression one gets after reading user comments or reviews (like TAS reviews for instance) is that it's hard to get a better table, period. In a world where you can easily spend $4K on a tonearm, I found these statements to be surprising to say the least. What's so special about these turntables, and can anyone comment on the notion that it's hard to beat their performance at any price?
ggavetti
The Well Tempered arm is the only arm I know of that can survive a test record resonance test without literally flying of the record. There are no bearings in the arm.

When you first handle the arm you'll immediately feel the resistance in all directions provided by the oils viscosity. The ingenious sensibility is instantly
apparent.

The polished plater spindle is immersed in a lighter oil supported four nylon dots. The drive belt applies a constant load to the spindle against the oil bathed dots so there is no chatter whatsoever.
No. A new $3K TT can be pretty good and maybe all some people need but I've never heard one I would consider among the best. It's just not possible to build and market a TT for that price and get top performance.

With the right knowledge and skills you might be able to DIY one for $3K if you don't account for time and labor.

Sorry Sarcher, but it is: Trans Fi Audio Salvation. If you can stretch to $3500-$4000, to include dedicated arm. I was ready to shell out on the 5-10x pricier SME 30 and TW Acustic AC3, when I heard this gem. Now it's the one in my system.
Dear Vicdamone, You are not the first to repeat the claim made by WT that their tonearm has "no bearing". However, if you apply the formal definition of a bearing, I think their claim is rubbish. The arm pivots at a fixed point at its rear (I hope). Ergo, it has a bearing. What it has is a rather sloppy bearing, but a bearing, nevertheless. This is not to belittle the Amadeus as a tonearm/turntable entity; it must do a lot right, because it has an army of devoted followers.

Could a $3K turntable be among the best out there? Probably not, but at that price point it could be "good enough".