To those with multiple tables/arms/cartridges

How do you 'play' your system?
For 30 years I had only one turntable, one arm and one cartridge......and it never entered my mind that there was an alternative?
After upgrading my turntable nearly 5 years ago to a Raven AC-3 which allowed easy mounting of up to four tonearms......I decided to add two arms.
RAVEN
A few years later I became interested in Direct Drive turntables and purchased a vintage 30 year old Victor/JVC TT-81 followed shortly after by the top-of-the-line TT-101 and I designed and had cast 3 solid bronze armpods which I had lacquered in gloss black.
TT-101
By this time I had over 30 cartridges (both LOMCs and MMs) all mounted in their own headshells for easy interchange.
STORAGE

Every day I listen to vinyl for 3-4 hours and might play with one cartridge on one arm on one table for this whole day or even two or three days.
I then might decide to change to a different arm and cartridge on a the same table or perhaps the other.....and listen to the last side I had just heard on the previous play.
I am invariably thrilled and excited by the small differences in presentation I am able to hear....and I perhaps listen to this combination for the next few days before again lusting after a particular arm or cartridge change?

Is this the way most of you with multiple cartridges/arms listen?......or are there other intentions involved?
128x128halcro
My advice to comrade Don was/is based on my knowledge that
Bill Thalman is/was involved by all Lew's TT's. But my interest in Lew's gear apply primary to those (huge) Beveridge speakers. If I would dare to ask I would but I am reluctant to do so.
Nandric, Finally I picked up my Beveridge amplifiers from Bill Thalmann the other day. Soon I will be able to report. I need some very long interconnects first. Bill had them for 8 months, so it is not all my fault that I have no listening results so far. I am going to mate them to my transmission line woofers that I myself built 40 years ago!!! Crossover from Bev speaker to woofer is 80Hz.
I have 4 tables, 4 additional arm wands and various headshells. The 4 tables are ready to be played at any time with my 3 input tube or 2 input ss phono stages, with front dial loading and gain adjustments which is extremely handy for playing different cartridges. All tied together with Dertonarms wonderful 4 input switcher each with ground post.

Cheers
I guess my intentions for using multiple tonearms (SME V) and cartridges, (Benz LPS and Benz Ruby-Z) are to split playing pristine vinyl on the better cartridge and the somewhat scratched flea market finds on the lesser cartridge,granted, the separation of quality is not that great between these two MC's, I guess I just feel better knowing that I am not trashing a top tier MC when I play the scratched records.

I all honesty, I have been contemplating getting an SME 12 inch arm to experiment on the turntable, a Transrotor Apollon TMD. This particular turntable has a three tonearm option, I opted for two. It is great knowing that I have the ability to experiment and tinker with other tonearm/MC combinations. Being a tinkerer, I guess it would make sense to have options that support the adventurous side of this hobby.
Ciao,
Audqioquest4life
A 'wonderful 4 input switcher'? When I informed by Einstein
about their balanced phono-stage I asked if they can put
an extra input for my two tonearms the designer refused to
do this with the argument that this will deteriorate the
performance. So I bought my 3th Basis Exclusive.