To those with multiple tables/arms/cartridges

How do you 'play' your system?
For 30 years I had only one turntable, one arm and one cartridge......and it never entered my mind that there was an alternative?
After upgrading my turntable nearly 5 years ago to a Raven AC-3 which allowed easy mounting of up to four tonearms......I decided to add two arms.
RAVEN
A few years later I became interested in Direct Drive turntables and purchased a vintage 30 year old Victor/JVC TT-81 followed shortly after by the top-of-the-line TT-101 and I designed and had cast 3 solid bronze armpods which I had lacquered in gloss black.
TT-101
By this time I had over 30 cartridges (both LOMCs and MMs) all mounted in their own headshells for easy interchange.
STORAGE

Every day I listen to vinyl for 3-4 hours and might play with one cartridge on one arm on one table for this whole day or even two or three days.
I then might decide to change to a different arm and cartridge on a the same table or perhaps the other.....and listen to the last side I had just heard on the previous play.
I am invariably thrilled and excited by the small differences in presentation I am able to hear....and I perhaps listen to this combination for the next few days before again lusting after a particular arm or cartridge change?

Is this the way most of you with multiple cartridges/arms listen?......or are there other intentions involved?
128x128halcro
I guess my intentions for using multiple tonearms (SME V) and cartridges, (Benz LPS and Benz Ruby-Z) are to split playing pristine vinyl on the better cartridge and the somewhat scratched flea market finds on the lesser cartridge,granted, the separation of quality is not that great between these two MC's, I guess I just feel better knowing that I am not trashing a top tier MC when I play the scratched records.

I all honesty, I have been contemplating getting an SME 12 inch arm to experiment on the turntable, a Transrotor Apollon TMD. This particular turntable has a three tonearm option, I opted for two. It is great knowing that I have the ability to experiment and tinker with other tonearm/MC combinations. Being a tinkerer, I guess it would make sense to have options that support the adventurous side of this hobby.
Ciao,
Audqioquest4life
A 'wonderful 4 input switcher'? When I informed by Einstein
about their balanced phono-stage I asked if they can put
an extra input for my two tonearms the designer refused to
do this with the argument that this will deteriorate the
performance. So I bought my 3th Basis Exclusive.
So Nandric, Would say this Einstein is "no Einstein"?

Today I went to Bill Thalmann's shop to see for myself that my new baby TT101 is indeed working nearly perfectly. In fact, I never saw my KAB strobe hold speed so solidly. The only remaining defect is that the pitch control will not allow "Fast" adjustments. Bill says it's just the push-push switch needs cleaning or replacement. We are going ahead to replace all electrolytic capacitors in any case. Soooo, here I went to sell my DP80 and found no takers. I was trying to cut back from four TTs to three. In the midst of that, I found the QL10 on eBay and could not resist its orphan status, because the seller described it as "broken". Had it been described as "working", the price would have been high, and I would have resisted. In any event, I ended up winning the auction with a low bid, bought the TT101, thereby not only increasing my TT count to five but also adding the Victor 7045 tonearm in the same bargain. No need to tell me this is ridiculous, but it's cheap fun compared to a mistress or a Ferrari.

Altho it turns out I do not need one, I will soon have several NOS spare clock chips for the TT81 and TT101, for anyone out there who needs one. Coming from China, or so they say.

I would like more info on Dertonearm's TT switcher. Does he have a balanced tonearm input version?
Lewm/Nandric

Sure buying a separate phono stage for each table is the ultimate, but expensive option. This is about the best other option.
Transparency is excellent however I would be lying that there is no difference. But the differences are less than changing an interconnect. Just get the chassis off the small rubber feet as that does soften the sound a bit. Daniel uses his fav Ikeda silver wire with, wbt connectors and I had him put a captive output on it.

Not sure if Daniel makes these anymore now that he has his tonearm and headshell. Syntax would probably know more as I originally got the idea from him.

Lewm, I believe Daniel has made balanced before.

here is a couple of pics

uniselector1

uniselector2
Dear Lew, to chose the name 'Einstein' for amps is typical
German 'modesty'. But ,uh, the reviews were 'fantastic',
while the producer is near the Dutch border. So I thought
what a chance to see how those are made. But alas: just one
connector for my 12 tonearms ??? (thanks Henry).
Well while I am primary interested in your Beveridge I may
be willing to part from my Kuzma Stabi Reference and,
as you know, only your Kenwood will fulfil all my wishes.
The poor thing can at last get the second tonearm on its
back side in this 'futuristic scenario'. Not to mention
your own dilemma regarding your sanity in connection
with the number of the TT's you own. BTW If I counted
them correctly you own 6 TT's, not 'only' 5.