Threshold FET 10/e cartridge amp questions

I am using my Threshold FET 10/e cartridge amp after a long absence and am finding myself wrestling with the same problems I always had with this (wonderful) pre.

Anyone here experienced with this device and able to offer specific configuration advice? Not looking for "try this preamp: it's better" stuff, but thanks.
128x128etnier
Mine is dead silent. Lower gain setting. Adjusted to manufacturing specs for MC Blue Point evo III on a Music Hall MMF 7. Internal jumpers set correctly?
I do apologize to all: I mis-stated things*. I have an MM cart (Shelter 501II) and have the Threshold phono pre set for maximum gain. As to "noise": it's hum, really. There's no noise issue.

If anyone knows the best capacitance setting for a cart like the Shelter, it would be a big help

* At the risk of rationalizing/over-dramatizing things I'm 4 months out from a stroke and still have a lot to learn about how I can get things screwed up: I'm not used to it.
Best bet is to go on-line, either to the Shelter website if they have one or to Vinyl Engine, and find out the recommended capacitance for the load resistance you are probably running (47K). However, you've stated that capacitance is not adjustable for the Threshold, so it will be painful to change it. You could do so by soldering the capacitors in parallel with the input, but you probably would not want to do so.

You can figure that there is about 100pF minimum to ~200pF load capacitance already; that's typical for the phono cable capacitance plus the capacitance presented by the input transistor. Unless the Shelter needs much more, e.g., 400pF or more at 47K ohms, I would not worry about it.
I have a Shelter 901 and looking at Shelter dealer's on-line information shows the 501 II as a MC with an output voltage of 0.4mV, which is about the same as the Shelter 901. I use a gain setting of 56 db for the 901 and a load setting of 125 ohms. I would use a low capacitance setting, but I am not sure it matters that much in a MC cartridge.

It looks like the only MM cartridge made by Shelter is the 201