How important is a good rack?

I have a really nice turntable and some good equipment overall.

I have it sitting in a Michael Green just a rack., It's the entry level with the thinner shelves. I noticed it's not super sturdy if I bump into it it tends to wobble. If I am playing a record it skips. I have an older AR suspension turntable and I can walk all around the rack and it doesn't. I guess what I'm wondering does a rack need to be rigid?

Some rack suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Scott
52tiger
Once you reach the threshold of isolation sufficient to keep your TT (or CDP) from skipping with light room vibrations, I wonder.

I'd expect to see a very gentle slope for increasing returns on expenditure for racks.

My own rack is brass rod and butcher block homebrew, which I like very well, and suggest you consider (tho I am digital only)

Of course A/Bing racks would be a huge PITA, and I suspect it is not done very often.

So my suggestion is very tentative. :)

John
Matters most for mechanical devices like turntables and speakers and disc players to a lesser extent. Much less so for amplification equipment

You knew the Kate Upton comments were coming. Obviously hers is quite important to her and advertisers. It makes her a superhero in video games and such as well it seems. 🌝
Men are so stupid, and predictable. Why? Ugh. Why not resist the urge to say the obvious school-boy reply? Why not? No one thinks its funny or clever.