How important is a good rack?

I have a really nice turntable and some good equipment overall.

I have it sitting in a Michael Green just a rack., It's the entry level with the thinner shelves. I noticed it's not super sturdy if I bump into it it tends to wobble. If I am playing a record it skips. I have an older AR suspension turntable and I can walk all around the rack and it doesn't. I guess what I'm wondering does a rack need to be rigid?

Some rack suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Scott
52tiger
Racks are a clear case of "horses-for-courses". Some manufacturers e.g. Grand Prix Audio, will insist on knowing what the various loads on the rack will be so that they can customise it by tuning it.
Praiseworthy though this approach may be it only deals with synergy at a simplistic level (i.e. no real-world AB testing with operational equipment)

Turntable support synergy is so unpredictable that the simplest mechanical features can radically alter the sound. I doubt that there are any guarantees that an esoteric table costing megabucks would even top a group table in a 5 or 6 way face-off against bargain priced opposition.
I know what you mean by not wishing to put the things on the floor. Everyone is like that. But when you go to the shows many of the best sounding rooms have the equipment on the, uh, you guessed it. The floor. It's easier to control what's going on.
10 yrs ago I was using a generic Sound Organization rack and came across a used Billy Bags rack. The only reason I pulled the trigger was the price ($600. The rack cost twice that new!) and I liked the look of the rack. I wasn't considering sonics at all, I didn't think it would make much of a difference. I was wrong. I immediately heard an overall improvement, everything was the same as before except for the rack so....not sure if Billy Bags is still in business but if you can find one 2nd hand I highly recommend them. As far as my TT's concerned, I ordered my Linn LP12 and bought an Italian custom made stand (low mass, high rigidity, low to the ground, spikes on top and bottom). This was 25 yrs ago and haven't felt any need or urges to change anything!