Powercord to tame brightness and add musicality

Hi
I have an all Krell system: Krell 28c, Krell KCT and Krell 450amps. What can I use on my cdp to add musicality and lessen digital brightness.
I am using Epiphany currently and might try the Anaconda Vx for my system needs to be more musical. Thanks
nickt
Depends on how much musicality you want to add and how much brightness there is to tame. The Anaconda Vx will help, the King Cobra V2, is smoother than the Anaconda Vx, and the King Cbra V1 is smoother and warmer then the V2.
Shunyata had critics claim their original series were too rich, warm and musical. Unfortunetley, Shunyata listened to the complaints and made their cables more dynamic, while losing the magical midrange.
Don't get me wrong, the Anaconda VX is on the warmer side of power cords, but if you really want a rich textured midrange, try a King Cobra V1.

Cheers,
John
The original Shunyata Black Mamba (version 1) will do what you desire. Also, I like the Wolff Source cord on my CDP...actually prefer it over the TG Audio 688, which I use on my amp and preamp.

However, the place to really start is with dedicated lines and power conditioning before you start playing with cords.
Sorry to hear those expensive Krells sound too bright. Try an MIT Z-cord II power cord. Cheap and sounds wonderful - at least in my system.
I'm not familiar with Krell model numbers. When you say "all Krell" does that include speakers and cables?

Just wondering how you determined that the power cord for the cdp was causing your system to be bright? Using a power cord as a tone control seems very foreign to me.

Have you tried adjusting the toe-in on your speakers or some simple room treatments?
I agree with Tvad. A dedicated line, at the least, for your front end may be all you need. If you still have that "brightness" and believe it is your cdp, I'd think of another cdp. I wouldn't look to power conditioning or new power cords to save the day. I don't believe in using power cords (any cords, cables, etc) as a preamp with bass and treble controls. Power cords should allow the inherent qualities of your system to come through. It's a tricky thing. peace, warren