Powercord to tame brightness and add musicality

Hi
I have an all Krell system: Krell 28c, Krell KCT and Krell 450amps. What can I use on my cdp to add musicality and lessen digital brightness.
I am using Epiphany currently and might try the Anaconda Vx for my system needs to be more musical. Thanks
nickt
Sorry to hear those expensive Krells sound too bright. Try an MIT Z-cord II power cord. Cheap and sounds wonderful - at least in my system.
I'm not familiar with Krell model numbers. When you say "all Krell" does that include speakers and cables?

Just wondering how you determined that the power cord for the cdp was causing your system to be bright? Using a power cord as a tone control seems very foreign to me.

Have you tried adjusting the toe-in on your speakers or some simple room treatments?
I agree with Tvad. A dedicated line, at the least, for your front end may be all you need. If you still have that "brightness" and believe it is your cdp, I'd think of another cdp. I wouldn't look to power conditioning or new power cords to save the day. I don't believe in using power cords (any cords, cables, etc) as a preamp with bass and treble controls. Power cords should allow the inherent qualities of your system to come through. It's a tricky thing. peace, warren
Yeah, what Warrenh said...

I wanted to say the same thing, but decided to try to offer a suggestion that might offer some help...if only marginal.

Bottom line is that cords will not cure brightness. Only finding components that do not exhibit brightness will cure what ails you. I know. I've tried the same thing, as have most others who have been in this hobby for at least six months, so you're not alone!

Still, the advice regarding dedicated lines (or line) holds. Do this before investing in expensive power cords (or different electronics).
I totally agree with Tvad and Warren. IMHO PC should not change the tonal balance of your components, nor should IC's or speaker cable. If they do its because they are not neutral (tonally) and are actually degrading the signal. They may superficially "sound" better, but when you eventually change out the component that is the cause of the problem you end up having to change out your cabling to match the new components. The only reason to change wire is for increased resolution. IMHO.