Bargain interconnects to tame treble & boost bass?

Here's the system:
Sony DVP-NS755V
Audioquest Alpha Snake
Bryston B60R
Kimber 4TC / 8TC bi-wire
Triangle Heliade ES

Problem: Sound tilted way toward top-end.

I've done about as much as I can in speaker placement and room adjustments, but the system still sounds too bright and too bass-shy. The treble is also a problem when running the television sound (digital cable) through the system, so, while I recognize that the DVD / CD player is not the best, I don't think it is the primary culprit. (I do plan to upgrade the CD player eventually.)

I sort of suspect that the ultimate solution would be either to replace the amp with a tube amp or to replace the speakers. But both are recent purchases, so I would like to see if better interconnects might make a difference.

Are there interconnects for $200 or less (for 1m), new or used, that would help solve my system's problems? I am open to any other suggestions you might have. Thanks.
jpbach
Cardas 300B interconnects have the mellow sound that you are seeking. That does not necessarily mean that they will cure the problem.
With an interconnect you dont solve the problem. I think, you really should try a tube amplifier.
The Sony is killing you. I had one, It was nothing shy of brutal, my kids asked if my stereo was broken after hearing it. Get a DAC.
I highly recommend VH Audio "Pulsar" Interconnect. These are fantastic. Copper conductor. Very Balanced and Musical. Trial period if not satisfied can return. (I highly doubt anyone trying these would return.) I had the B60R and if the spk. is on the lean side, it is a mismatch. Consider buying a Bryston 4B ST and use the B-60R as a pre and you would be pleased w/the results. Or try to find a Brston 2B and bi-amp. Your Kimber TC wire falls on the slightly lean side as well. Try the the "Pulsars" first then decide what steps are needed next.
An Audio Control C-101 Equalizer will take care of your problem. I owned one when I had some Bryston gear, and it worked great.