power cord too short? what now?

Having spent my hard earned money on power cord for m/l cls. I now move to a new apartment. It appears as though optimum placement for the speakers make the cord too short requiring some sort of extension. Will I lose the benefits of the audiophile cord?
gregadd
http://www.powersystemsdirect.com/Panamax/Oxygen_Free_High_Performance_Extension_Cord_P12X10NEMA5-15_335.php

Panamax has a good extension cord.
I doubt that anyone could tell a difference, if you can, it is just as likely to be an improvement as an impairment.
I'd say sell it and buy a longer cord. What Brand/Model is it, maybe someone reading this thread can use it?
I am with Listener57 - get a nice strip with a solid cord on it - BPT makes some very high quality gear that will probably improve your rig anyway - very tough to beat the value of the Pure Power Center for $149 which includes a 6' cord - not his best but decent, best is available =) For an extra $20 Chris will add some magic and isolate the duplexes enabling you to isolate the digital sources from the power amps etc.
Newbee,

I completely agree. Why can't people understand that that is basically what's behind their sheetrock walls? Within the same room, if he had chosen the furthest outlet location along the outlet wiring series, he'd just be adding more Romex wiring length. Its basically just a longer non-audiophile extension cord, thus the on-going beneficial "Audiophile" powercord debate. Nice fancy $$$ cord plugged into the wall outlet, then crappy ol' Romex hidden just mere inches away. Just because it's out of sight, doesn't make it magical?

Some may argue that another plug contact is made, but aren't factoring in the "series" outlet connections behind the walls and out to the breaker box (more copper and brass oxidation at each and every wire termination for those debating "gold-plated fuse" benefits).

40 years of electronics, but what do I know?