My system is bright? I need help. thanks

Hi. it is my first time here in this forum. i would appreciate input and help from all of you. No sacrasm or bad langauge please. I had bad experience with other forums in that aspect. music loving people and audiophiles should be an elite, high caliber and classy community. This is rare to find today. Ok Down to the point.

My system
Musical fidelity kw 500 sacd player. I use the tube output.
Musical fidelity kw 500 integrated amp.
speakers:eggleston andra (not andra 2)
speaker cable: satori acoustic zen
interconnects: Nordost baldur and nordost quatrofil RCA
USe a dedicated 20 amp line with regular power cords(came with the gear) and a panamax 20 amp surge protector and filter.

This is in my family room so there is little room for treatment and moving things around.

problem: bright. the highs are killing my ears, after 1-2 hours of listening my ears start to hurt,sometimes 3 minutes. I have to turn the volume down. I tried postioning, it got a little better. I will try acoustic zen silver ref II may be it will help. The sound is otherwise phenomenal, i could be happy with more bass, but overall it is very good. Depth, tranparency, acuity and soundstaging are great. As for mids, i can see the person infront of me,I can hear the articulation of the tongue in the mouth before the words and tunes comes out. no kidding, but not for long because of fatigue.

I would really appreciate your input.
Scientist73
scientist73
Its a device that would work well on your power amp, I would still regenerate sources. FYI the Shunyata Taipan power cord was brash on the high end in my system(on the CDP). Richard Grays were much better and smoother. They are both around $800 retail.

ET
I got the AZ interconnects and tried them all day.
I did not feel a lot of difference between the two except that the silver is a little more detailed.

HOWEVER, IT IS BY FAR MUCH ,MUCH,MUCH BETTER THAN THE NORDOST IN MY SYSTEM. GUYS FOR THE FIRST TIME I COULD LISTEN FOR MORE THAN 7 HOURS TOTAL . i TRIED ALL THE CDS THAT WERE HARSH TO MY EAR ESPESCAILLY THE RIGHT EAR WHERE I THINK I AM GETTINF SOME REFLECTION FROM THE WOODEN UNIT AND THE GRANITE FIREPLACE. ALL OF THEM SOUNDED GOOD.

THRE HIGHS ARE MUCH NICER, I DON'T WANT TO SAY MUFFLED, THEY ARE THERE BUT NOT IN MY EAR ANY MORE.

SO AFTER HOOKING THE AMP DIRECTLY TO THE OUTLET THIS WAS A GOOD MOVE.
NEXT IS THE POWER
I AM EXPECTING SHYUNYATA HYRA, I WILL TRY IT FOR THE AMP AND THE CD PLAYER, HERE IS MY PLAN

I WILL SAVE SOME MONEY FOR I GOT BIG HOLES IN MY POCKET NOW

I WANT TO GET THE SHUNYATA ANACONDA FOR THE POWER AMP
SHYNYATA PYTHON HELIX ALPHA TO THE HYDRA 2 AND PYTHON Vx TO THE CD PLAYER.
I MAY CALL THE ELECTRICIAN TO INTALL HOSPITAL GRADE 20 AMP WALL OUTLET. THE ONE I HAVE MY BE POOR QUALITY

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT THIS BUDGET KILLING PLAN. iF THIS DOES NOT WORK, I WILL SELL MY CD AND FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO DO, JUST KIDDING
It seems to me you moved your speakers, heard a difference which is normal, but gave up before you had dialed the placement in properly. When you moved them, did you do it incrementally as I suggested, listening after each small adjustment for the position in which the music snapped into place? Or, did you rather move them a foot at once and then listen? When you moved them farther apart, did you then incrementally adjust the toe-in? I don't believe you did. Otherwise, your report here would be different. I believe you made a fairly large adjustment. Listened and didn't like it, and then moved them to their original position, which is not the optimum placement. My apologies if I have this scenario wrong.

Of course moving them is going to result in a different sound. That's entirely the point. You are complaining about your sound. You want to improve it. I know with absolute certainty that part of the problem you have with the sound is due to the present placement of your loudspeakers. I also know it seems easier to throw money at power conditioning and power cords, but in the end, after you have spent all the money, your system will still not sound its best.

Your desire to jump into spending money is a common thing, but you're buying a fancy carriage before you know your horse.