My system is bright? I need help. thanks

Hi. it is my first time here in this forum. i would appreciate input and help from all of you. No sacrasm or bad langauge please. I had bad experience with other forums in that aspect. music loving people and audiophiles should be an elite, high caliber and classy community. This is rare to find today. Ok Down to the point.

My system
Musical fidelity kw 500 sacd player. I use the tube output.
Musical fidelity kw 500 integrated amp.
speakers:eggleston andra (not andra 2)
speaker cable: satori acoustic zen
interconnects: Nordost baldur and nordost quatrofil RCA
USe a dedicated 20 amp line with regular power cords(came with the gear) and a panamax 20 amp surge protector and filter.

This is in my family room so there is little room for treatment and moving things around.

problem: bright. the highs are killing my ears, after 1-2 hours of listening my ears start to hurt,sometimes 3 minutes. I have to turn the volume down. I tried postioning, it got a little better. I will try acoustic zen silver ref II may be it will help. The sound is otherwise phenomenal, i could be happy with more bass, but overall it is very good. Depth, tranparency, acuity and soundstaging are great. As for mids, i can see the person infront of me,I can hear the articulation of the tongue in the mouth before the words and tunes comes out. no kidding, but not for long because of fatigue.

I would really appreciate your input.
Scientist73
scientist73
Tvad, you've summed it up nicely. Speaker positioning is not the only issue he didn't get optimum sound from his system. He didn't have a dedicated room and most importantly there is little or no provisions made to room treatments as brought up earlier in the thread, which is the single most important parameter that can make or break a system. We don't know about his room acoustics nor can we make any accurate judgements based on pictures alone. I believe since he cannot improve on these, he had no choice but to resort to other alternatives as what he's been currently doing. Well, at least there are some perceived improvements now and hope he don't go burning too much holes in his pockets along the process.
Guys. thanks to all of you. My problem is the room too. Although i had sonus faber drand piano in this roon they were so great, it is when i got the andra and the new gear as an upgrade, an expensive upgrade that i ran in to all these problems.

the wall infrom of me and the wall to my right, these 2 walls making the right angle are problem, there is no left wall as it is the entrance.

the front wall. from left to right, you are facing it

1-wet bar: 4 feet wide, 1.5 ft deep and 2 feet high.
2- a 1.5 foot space, only the wall. infront is the left andra 1.5 feet from the wall
3- gear cabinet: 5 feet wide, 1.5 ft deep 1 foot hight.
4- an empty area where there is only the wall for about 4 feet until you meet the wooden built in cabinet of the right wall. in this space is the right andra 1.5 ft away from the wall and next to it is the definitive teeh super cube 1 close to the wall.
both adra are fewinches away from the gear cabinet.
as you can see for the left speaker i can't move it side ways as it bounded by the wetbar and the geart cabinet ican pull it way forward but it will be in the way. i have more freedom with the right andra.

the right wall is a hube wall to wall wooden unit with a granite fireplace in the center.

my sofa were i listen is right infron the gear cabinet about 8 feet or more.
between both andras about 5-6 feet.

u hope this will give you an idea about the room

I HAVE ROOM IN THE BASEMENT BUT IT IS NOT FINISHED SO THE FLOOR IS CONCRETE AND THE GEAR WILL ACCUMULATE DUST VERY FAST. YOU THINK I CAN TAKE THIS SYSTEM DOWN. I MAY FREEZE IN THE WINTER, I CAN GET A HEATRE OR SOMETHING. BUT WHAY ABOUT THE DUST AND SPEAKER. THEY WILL BE ANTIQUE IN A YEAR OR 2. THE GOOD NEWS THE BASEMENT IS DRY AND NOT HUMID. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK GUYS.ANY BODY HAD AN EXPERINCE WITH EXPENSIV EGEAR IN UNFINISHED BASEMENT.

do you get the picture.
thanks
Think you've answered your own problem. Since you've got good results with your previous gear in the same room, it is obvious that your current ultra-revealing electronics have too much of a good thing. You didn't get any brightness in your previous setup because the Grand Pianos are warm and forgiving speakers, and can still sound acceptable to you in the same room. You should have upgraded just the speakers, probably to Cremona instead of revamping your whole system, but then that's history.

I would suggest not being hasty in making any decisions at the moment and stay put for the time being. Placing your system in an unfinished room, especially on concrete floor is a disaster. Since you already have the basement in planning, why don't wait till it's finished then shift your whole setup in that room? Evaluation in a proper room would be the best. Basics had to be addressed before moving on to other things, and if it still sounds bright after that then figure out what to do next from there. More planning is certainly necessary for your *expensive* equipment.