If cables can break-in, can they then wear-out?

The phenomenon of cable break-in (is it really dielectric break-in?) must be physical to the cable/dielectric/insulator/termination, therefore will extended use wear out the cable?
I do not mean metal wear from plugging in and removing, either. I am assuming permanent installation.

In my opinion it's as much our ears getting acquainted as it is break-in.
mcintech
Chadeffect,

Dan's Di Shi Cable Restoration Elixir does not restore velvety blackness. Only inky blackness. Please do not misrepresent my product in this esteemed public forum.

As you note, solid core conductors pose a special problem. I am currently working on Elixir Mk II especially formulated for solid core conductor interconnects. Testing has been conducted on copper, copper/silver coated, silver, silver/copper coated, gold, gold/platinum coated, platinum, platinum/beryllium coating. Our pre-release trials show an amazing drop in grit and grain. In addition there is vastly improved holographic imaging and veil lifting that typically accompanies steely whiteness. The only road block remaining is to figure out why neither elixir improves the sound of Monster Cable?!

Drop me an email, we could use your expertise as a beta tester (wink).

If only you'd bought Cardas,

Dr. Dan
You guys!!
Have we all become this jaded?...:)
Sometimes we must react to the masochist that lies deep in all our audiophile sensibilities...:)

Azjake

P.S....Indeed you guys have saved me many times on these situations, i thank you all!
Thank you Dan, thank you very much. I really needed that.
Will

p.s. I bought Cardas.
Danmyers,

count me in as a Beta tester. Please find my credit card details attached.

You mention the various types of metals you have had tested, but I would love to know your thoughts on Iron/iron hybrid cables.

Do you have an elixir for wifi connections too?
Iron interconnects, treated with unobtainium, become so transparent they can also be used as optical digital cables. The never wear out, or oxidize, once treated. Their only weakness is a propensity to attract spurious trepidary bipeds(from threads such as these). =;^)