Computer vs CD/SACD discs

I am simplifying my system and getting out of vinyl. Actually sold all the vinyl and analog gear already. I was planning on going to computer audio and have been playing with it but really don't see the benefit over just slipping a disc into the tray. I also am getting a bit frustrated by all of the options of downloads, cables, inputs and opinions all over the place. I would welcome opinions thoughts on computer audio vs the old fashioned, putting a disc on the tray and pushing play. ( Streaming, I use spotify, exempted as this is a nice way to demo new music).
davt
Joecasey, I would agree that a music server is convenient especially relative to vinyl and even a player. But I find players the lowest quality and music servers and vinyl very close together. I don't know what his motivations are for saying this, but I find it ridiculous.
One huge advantage of PC-audio is that it never skips even completely ###### up CDs.
Czarivey writes, "One huge advantage of PC-audio is that it never skips even completely ###### up CDs." I would add that neither does my Ayre C-5xePM, Oppo BDP-105, or Sony XA5400ES.

The ignorant, sarcastic tone of the replies from Joecasey and TBG are what make me not want to post. Joecasey extends a post to the absurd; TBG generalizes to the point of making himself seem ridiculous -- I doubt he's experienced all disc players, all servers, or all vinyl needed to make such a blanket pronouncement.

db
Dbphd, hmmm, I didn't think I was sarcastic, but I do think you are ignorant.
Dbphd, it's impossible to experience ALL in the whole world CD-players and yet, it's very good to have CD-players that reads everything like yours and never skip, because I didn't have such luck.

In DJ equipment domain it's very unwanted to have CD-player that may skip... simply unacceptible(act fast to mix with effects and switch to different CD/track!), but darn ..it happens there too! So there PC audio wins the market even for professional DJs.

I always thought that with invention of CD player we would not worry about scratches and vinyl surface noise but it turned out that often even little scratch on CD surface may have a chance for track to skip on certain CD-players. It never ever happened with any PC-audio playback even with cds that have no smooth spot left on the surface.