AZ Matrix II vs Harmonic Tech Magic Link2

Much has been said and written about these two cables, particularly the Zens. I only have experience with the Acoustic Zen Matrix Reference II. However, I'm curioius about how the Matrix Reference II compares to Harmonic Technology's Magic Link II. Does anyone have experience with both? If so, can you briefly compare/contrast the two? Thank you.
nicotico
Sleep is overrated....."Keith Richards"

I believe the HT pro 9 reference is top o line - I don't know if they still make the tweeter/woofer cables - they were way more expensive than the aforementioned - at least they aren't listed on the website.

I'm in your boat Jim I need a lot of stuff too and could use a new stand myself...plus there's always the upgrade virus....I feel a cold coming on.
Pops thx

By the time I get a 'round-to-it' wires might be either replaced by new tech, or just outright illegal... and I need biwires or jumpers..
Nicotico: I have owned both of these as interconnects. IMO, AZ has more of a "copper sound" (more bass fullness) while the HT has a more "silver sound" (smoother and more extended highs, tight bass). Yet both are a mixture of copper & silver (don't know the exact ratios). In my system the HT was ultimately less fatiguing and more musical, even if giving up a bit of bass presence relative to the AZ.
Actually, I'm reasonably happy with the Matrix Ref II in my system. I have the Silver Ref II in front of it, if that tells you anything. If I had to quibble, I'd like about 10-15% less "body" in the mids and 10-15% more detail in the highs.

Those who had experience with both the Matrix and the Magic: do you think the Magic Link II would get me there, or would the Magic Link II be too much of a departure from the sound of the Matrix Ref II?
There's a review online by a fella who calls himself Levi I believe, for Enjoy the Music? who writes about the Magic II, and the Silver ref II, perhaps that will get you closer to the truth.

I think there's more to it than just the cabling though... all I heard from many others was the Silver Refs were better in the II version, than before but could sound bright in the wrong system.

It could have something to do with it like Raul said too.. the amount of silver vs. copper, but I'm not sure. I feel brightness might be too much of a good thing, or perhaps not enough in other areas below the top end being promoted and thus the highs are noticed more and become edgy or don't blend well enough into the mix.

I've had all silver over copper cables and some outright silver and they weren't bright. I do prefer a mix of the two, but I'll seldom ask for it and just try the cable as there are so many other variables than just the mixture... connectors, impedance matching... resistance, etc.

My Nirvana SX is a very smooth wire, yet has superb detail and venue retreval. My Magic II follows it as the pre to amp IC.

As I use a preamp, I have other sources with different cables on them, and the Magic does well with all of them and I don't feel I'm losing anything. For the $$$ preowned, I think they do a great job in my rig, with my ears.

I'm sure there are equals and or betters out there... I just haven't found them yet.. and I'm not in the mood to hunt them up right now... so that says something I suppose.

Of course, all these cables are mighty popular so if you got one and didn't like it you could pretty easily sell it again.