PS Audio AC-5 question

I recently bought PS Audio AC-5 power cord for my Parasound HCA-1205A amp. My pre is Anthem AVM-20 with Shunyata Diamondback power cord. My speakers are Paradigm Studio 60 v.3. When I changed the power cord of the amp from stock cable, I found that the overall sound is more forward than I would like. Also the top end has opened up, but I feel it to be a bit harsh - to the face. Not sure what is the issue. Is the PS Audio AC-5 a worng choice to Parasound amp?.
lake_eleven
jdub, did you put the AC-12 on the power conditioner or the amp. Mine is on the amp. As both Quintet and Ac-12 are burning it, my system shows too many variations.
Hi Lake, My AC12 is on the amp and has made me extremly happy.My AC10 is fully burned in and so is the Quintet well over 2000 hrs (installed in Febuary this year). When this AC12 finishes cooking I dont know how I'm going to act! good thing is my new Morrow MA3 xlr's need about 40 more hrs and they should be done. So what did you get from the AC12? IT just keeps on startling me with breath taking sweeps in my listen room trurly got the sound off the wall and in the room and all around me in front and is just captivating and this only 48 hrs as I write this!IT has to be the most listenable out of the box cable Iv'e heard. Post some impressions and Nasaman if your reading this Skip the AC5 if you can. From what I noticed about the Perfect wave cables is each will give you a justifiable taste of the next in the series. I have a AC10 up top AC3's in the middle and the AC12 down on the amp. the AC12 leaves nothing to be desired. Just let them open up, they will. Darn almost forgot! there was a post on Ps audio's forums about cleaning the contacts Iv'e done this with good ole Caig contact cleaner. My AC12 was a little dirty!
I have put my AC-12 on the amp. Quintet is still burning, so there are 2 moving parts. Still I get chills with AC-12 at times. There is much more details and lot of micro dynamics and many earlier unheard of dynamics from familiar recordings. Like Jdub said, each upgrade from AC-5 have given me vast improvements over the other - really beating the cost-to-performance ratio. BTW, I will be returning the fuses, as this tweak degrades the system.
Yeah! the chill factor is pretty high! And the details are nice. Sorry to hear about the fuses at least you tried.
At around 96 hrs, AC-12 infuses very high brightness to the system, hopefully it cools down.