PS Audio AC-5 question

I recently bought PS Audio AC-5 power cord for my Parasound HCA-1205A amp. My pre is Anthem AVM-20 with Shunyata Diamondback power cord. My speakers are Paradigm Studio 60 v.3. When I changed the power cord of the amp from stock cable, I found that the overall sound is more forward than I would like. Also the top end has opened up, but I feel it to be a bit harsh - to the face. Not sure what is the issue. Is the PS Audio AC-5 a worng choice to Parasound amp?.
lake_eleven
I have put my AC-12 on the amp. Quintet is still burning, so there are 2 moving parts. Still I get chills with AC-12 at times. There is much more details and lot of micro dynamics and many earlier unheard of dynamics from familiar recordings. Like Jdub said, each upgrade from AC-5 have given me vast improvements over the other - really beating the cost-to-performance ratio. BTW, I will be returning the fuses, as this tweak degrades the system.
Yeah! the chill factor is pretty high! And the details are nice. Sorry to hear about the fuses at least you tried.
At around 96 hrs, AC-12 infuses very high brightness to the system, hopefully it cools down.
Hey Lake, your right on the mark I looked over some notes on the AC10 and after 60hrs the worst of the breakin came in. It wasn't until around 125 hrs it snapped out of it and smooth out the highs a little more. It came back with some goodies not there before. According to my notes and I qoute "opening up in a new way" if one can qoute one's self (LOL). This time however the nasties showed up around 48 hrs or so. Do you have the AC12 directly in wall or Quintet? I have the advantage of 2 dedicated lines one for the Quintet and one for the Soloist Premier, AC12 and amp and is most likely why its still very listenable and yeilding good results while breaking in, even though it's more consrticted than out the box! Can't wait till 125 to see what's in store.
BTW, I will be returning the fuses, as this tweak degrades the system.
Did you get Hi-fi Tuning fuses? They are directional so make sure they seat in correctly.