Ultimate Cables no more?

I placed an order with Ultimate Cables 3 weeks ago. The order went through, but I havent gotten the cables and when I went to check status on the web site it is gone. Anyone know what is going on?
manitunc
You got the right company. There are 8 Carl Barbieris in the Montreal area, so I dont know which one. I bought after reading the audiophilia review and others as well as a 100% favorable rating on ebay. Unfortunately, it seems the business has had problems starting late last year from a bunch of posts on www.stereo.net.au/forums. Just put ultimate cables in the search engine. Same problems, no cables, late, no response, excuses.

I finally got an email back today, after leaving a voice mail on his phone suggesting I would contact authorities. He says he mailed 2 weeks ago. but no tracking number.
We shall see. And no explanation why he hasnt responded to numerous emails and phone calls.
Of course, no contact after he said he would get back to me on Thursday after he checked what happened to the shipment.
This is exactly what scares me about some of these brands that are slightly "fringe" brands and that you can only seem to be able to get through distributors. I posed this sort of scenario on another forum ("Great Cables ... That Get Little Attention") but it seems people don't seem to mind.
Good luck Manitunc.
I may be old fashioned but I am sticking to stores for these sort of purchases!
I can't comment about recent experiences with Carl, but I purchased a fair number of UC cables a couple of years ago for a HT setup and was pleased with the results. If I had to criticize, shipping was a little slowish, but have been happy with their quality and value. I had no issues with communication from Carl - seemed like a decent guy.
So two weeks ago when he finally emailed me back to say they had been mailed two weeks before, insured and he would check to see where they are and get back to me the next day, I still have no cables, still have no response and still have no refund. I leave messages on his phone every couple of days or so, and still no response.
Is this really a business?