Ear Candy: Most startling recordings.

OK, we all respect great musical talent and muscianship, but sometimes you put in a CD and you get one of those startling zany recordings that make you smile it is so strange. Some of Neil Young's stuff is kind of like that. Alot of Pink Floyd is like this. Sounds racing across the sounds stage, shifting mike position in mid recording. What are your favorite "ear candy" recordings?
issabre
lou reed's blue mask may not be startling, but it is truly amazing. i listen to the german lp, or the japanese cd. the soundstage, two guitars, an amazing bass, and drums are swirling all around you. this is lou's best.
I just recently heard Trent Reznor's remix of Curve's 'Missing Link'. I am guessing some phase alterations were implemented because it sounds like there is a third and fourth speaker 15' to either side of you. The sound is not encompassing per se; there is a large spatial break between the simultaneously occurring sounds. Because of my musical tastes, I have heard some strange 'candy', but this one is the king. It's like someone is standing in front of you, talking, and at the same time, whispering in your ear (but from a far).
I should have come into this thread earlier. I have a nomination that (probably) few of you have even heard, but an absolute piece of art musically and recording wise.

The release was in 1976, by bassist Charlie Haden, who recorded eight duets with musicians whom he admired titled "Closeness Duets," on A&M Horizon.

The recordings feature Charlie Haden with Keith Jarrett, Ornette Coleman, Alice Coltrane and Paul Motian. The cut titled "OC" is stunning, and has an unbelievable piano and string bass portion that stuns me every time I listen to it. My copy is on LP, but I believe it is available on CD as well. The quality of the CD is an unknown to me.
One of my recent purchase : White blood cells by the white stripes. Great classic rock sound, lyrics, singing and recording for an indy label- for 8.99$ at Tower? a steal
Brook Williams-Little Lion an incredible recording.Jennifer Knapp(I think)I'm not sure of the title(I'm at work)she has an awesome voice,and its well recorded.(be careful its Christian Rock,but you wouldn't know it)