The BEST system you've ever built !!!!

What is the best system that you have ever put together , from source to speakers including cables ??? After all the swaps and auditions I'm looking for the final "aahhh, that's the ticket" sound to you and what components took you to Audio Nirvana. {This is a survey of actual auditions, not what you read in a magazine} THANKS,
krellpower1
Some awesome systems out there guys!!! I wish I won the lottery so I could buy whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. My current system. Jadis Orchestra Reference integrated amp, crappy CD player(too embarassed to say - my next upgrade), old Sansui tuner(great - performs better than my newer tuners), Coincident Loudspeaker Technology Digital Master/Troubass subwoofers(their interpretation of what Wilson WATT/Puppies SHOULD be), and various silver cabling. Very nice sound. I listen for HOURS upon HOURS. Not metallic, harsh, fatiguing, but warm, liquid, natural, REAL. The women of my house even listen to it(on their own!), but still think I am nuts. I am not yet finished(who is?), hopefully soon...
I think an important point may be lost on some when looking at Albert and Gerry's systems. First of all you don't just go out and BUY a system like theirs. It is quite obvious to me that these systems evolved over years of careful listening and upgrading and finding out what works according to their individual tastes. These systems demonstrate the ultimate of what can be achieved but lets face it, you may be able to copy it but you can't buy the experience, knowledge and personal satisfaction gained by putting it together yourself. For THAT they and some of the others above have my admiration and respect.
Before sharing the contents of my system, pedestrian as it may seem to some, I'd like to add support for the notion that this isn't about "mine's bigger than yours". The real issue is whether one's system delivers the intended levels of enjoyment, right? To that end, give up the list, Carl_Eber. You know as well as anyone that it's not the price of the toys, but how well they're matched and, maybe even more importantly, how lovingly they've been assembled. That said, my best system is the current one and, though still only a few months "new" it's the culmination of several years of research and auditioning. Needless to say, I'm quite proud of it. Here's the (almost embarrassing when compared to what others have) list: Amp - McCormack DNA-1 w/SMc Audio's Rev. "B" upgrade, Preamp - Sonic Frontiers Line 1, Source - CAL Alpha/Delta DAC and transport, Speakers - Hales Revelation Threes, Power cords - BMI Majik throughout, Cables - AP Oval Nines, Digital IC - Illuminati D-60, and ICs - HT Pro-Silways throughout. Next addition: power conditioner, vibration isolation and a tube roll. Then I'll be done. Right...?
To that end, nope, don't think I will, sorry. The original question was "what's the best system you've ever built?"...Not, what's in the current one you have now, anyway. Whether the guy intended it, or not, I interpret it as a question meant for those who have set up many very high rez systems over the years. I said that I have not done so many yet, and also feel that most of you have not. That's the way I interpret it, that's the way I answer it...but I'm also not interested in running on about what's in my system, and so I choose not to reveal it. It's not that I'm being overly secretive, it's just that it's not important to me, that everyone know. So just listen to yours, and be happy...you know you will anyway.
I have built a few systems, mostly mid-fi because of the budget others were working with (i.e., parents & friends). They wanted certain capabilities but didn't want to shell out the $$$. My system has been a "work-in-progress" as it sounds like others are too. That's half the fun, right? I have heard high $$$ systems, some that I loved and others that I liked. I guess you can equate it to something like - do you prefer the sound of a guitar or a piano? Both can be expertly constructed and expensive but are designed for different types of music. The analogy here is that it depends on the taste of the individual and the music they prefer - or mostly listen to (hope that makes sense). My current system has evolved over the last 15 years and, until I get a substantial raise, it will continue to evolve modestly. I have performed just about every tweak I can to extract the maximum performance from the equipment. Alas, just about every piece of gear though is under $2K retail though. I know where I'd like to be and am sure I will get there some day but I do enjoy my current set-up. I would list all my gear but this post is long enough already! BTW: I've had the pleasure of listening to Albert Porter's system and it IS awesome! I will say that it is his knowledge, experience and hours of dedication that has gotten it to sound so good!