What's your profession? Age?

Just thought after the "how much is your system worth" post that it would be nice to see what all these people do to get $80K systems, and perhaps how long it takes. I'm a 29-year old economist for the gov., just completeed my Ph.D. last month, and my system is at about $10K. Just a pup hoping to keep upgrading...
128x128felthove
Happy Birthday Rich. Mine is on Monday, and I too will be 53! Getting old is not for sissies. So said Betty Davis.
Analog Engineer (Amplifier Design Consultant), 54 years, stereo is at 50,000 - not counting the 2 home theater systems or the system in the garage made of left over high end stuff. I think I have another 15,000 or so of high end gear in the attic, most of which was dissected to see what worked and what didn't.
I was a gardener in Lakeview/New Orleans until Miss Katrina came along.
I read siomewhere that katrina is russian and means to "clean out". Makes sense to me, being a life long resident of the city.
I guess in India she would be called Kali.
The destroyer.
Righ now unemployed. So I spend time researching stocks for my family's account.

Paul
Baton Rouge
Electrical Engineer - Digital design with FPGAs but a nice background in RF test and measurement at a cool DoD facility and even a 2 year stint as read/write engineer at Maxtor Corp developing high-end scsi hdd's / age-34
I just got done "earthquakeproofing" my gear. I spent the first 30 years of my life in Illinois and Wisconsin, so the thought of the earth throttling my system is a bit foreign to me.

Matt