Seperates vs Integrated

Current ht is good enough but music is suffering. Have looked at adding an amp but discussion here led to rethinking and looking at a seperate system for music. Space is a consideration so wandered into integrated amps. Are there integrateds that will compare well to seperates? Have looked at Simaudio moon i5080, Anthem Int 2 and Jolida 1501rc. Are there other integrateds I should consider and will they provide a glimpse of high end audio? Want something that will give a little presence. Current system really suffers at low to medium levels loosing dynamics and clarity.
This started as what I thought would be a very simple system upgrade and has turned into a quest. So far lots of fun and very informative but also a little frustrating. Hope everyone will be patient with my lack of experience and questions that seem to overlap. Just hoping to enter a new level and learn all I can on the journey.
scoly
Lower levels generally suffer when there's insufficient current flowing form the amp, beefier amps seem to do a better job at all listening levels. I'd suggest you consider a Classe integrated, perhaps the CAP151? Jeff
Two other integrated amps you should check are the Bryston BP-60 and the Musical Fidelity (sold by Audio Advisors). I have not heard either of them, but both have gotten excellent reviews.
B&K actaully has very good 2 channel sound, it has a pass through mode and also a 96/24 DAC. I beleive there are some threads around here that talked about it, I would take a look.
Another to consider is the Mark Levinson 383.

As to your question, "are there any that compare well to separates", here is a quote from Jon Herron, manager of product development at Madrigal, "Sonically, it's as close as we could make it to the performance of a No.334
driven by a No.380 preamplifier," "And if you fail to use the best interconnect, a No.383 will be better.".