Sony DVP S3000 skips

I have a Sony 3000 that I bought new years ago when it first came out. I have been having problems for about a year now that it will occasionaly skip. sometimes just a bit and other times it might skip a whole chapter. The discs do not skip on my kids $85 machine. So I don't believe it is the disc. I am not sure if maybe it is a first generation machine that it is having difficulty reading the newer discs. Has anyone ever used these disc cleaners that you insert in the player? Are they safe? Or should I take the top off and clean it manually? Anyone with a 3000 have the same problems? Thanks
scottht
I have the same player and it skips also, It's a piece of CRAP! Every sony product that I have boughten in the past 8 years has given me problems so no more sony.
If you want a good player check out the Phillips 963 as it has the Faroudja processing or if you want the 985 it records, this is what I will buy Happy Listening!
I hate to say it but I agree with you. Just 3 days ago my Sony RPTV took a crap. It's 6 years old and I can't find a Sony tech to look at it.
Scottht, Yea my big screen went out about a month ago and was 7 years old, I too looked for repair shop and findly found one but $850 to fix! I told the guy this was BS and bought a Toshiba 57 inch HD and am very happy! I think these manufactures design ther products on the 5 to 7 year plan, after 5 to seven years it's time to buy another! Happy tv hunting!
Check out the toshiba cinema series 57 incher it's a great tv! I picked mine up for $2250 out the door with a 5 yaer WARRANTEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!