loose tubes

qustions on a tube int amp anthem int 1, if i take the tube up a bit from there sockets so there not sitting in all the way the sound becomes a heck of a lot better in every way , will this hurt anything cause it does sound that much better thank you
128x128sonus
No sheet, huh, Dekay?
It's called emery cloth or the finer grit is crocus cloth.
Nh Fi, Michael Percy has the fancy tube sockets, www.bainbridge.net/percyaudio
Actually, come to think of it, I think I prefer loose women to loose tubes and with those you'd hardly need sandpaper and sometimes not even sheets and here you certainly will notice the difference. Does that make me a bad audiophile?!!!
Kitch, what kind of "fancy" sockets. I'm running too slow now to download the catalog.
Dekay,Nh-fi, in the Michael Percy Audio catalogue it says:

Super Premium Tube Sockets: Where only the very best in the world will do! Machined Teflon or epoxy impregnated wood laminate, 9 pin chassis mount, octal, UX4 and other types with removable gold plated machined phosphor bronze or silver plated brass contacts, CALL FOR $$

You'll find it on page 16 of the catalogue.
Their phone number is: (503) 470-8650, their fax: 470-8651
and their email address: mpercy@svn.net
Regards,
Thanks Detlof. No hurry though as I just had my amp spec'd and cleaned and will wait until further maintenance is required before considering changing the tube sockets. The materials used are new to me for this application and I will go to the site when AOL is not bogged down as much as it is right now. I believe that Percy also sells Sorbothane which I need for an upcoming project.