UPS ??? Do they ever pay a claim???

I have been trying to collect from UPS for almost two months after they destroyed one of a pair of Quicksilver amps I bought off Audiogon. They dropped it and bent the chassis so bad I had to replace the chassis with a new one. I charged them 175.00 total for repairs and I can't get them to pay. They charged for insurance but they never want to pay. Think about this the next time you ship a nice piece of equipment and UPS wrecks it ...
autospec
They lost an amplifier I sent to a buyer in Chicago, luckily I insured it , but they paid me within about 3 weeks.
Perhaps I was lucky this time, UPS is the worst shipper around.
I think ups denies all claims at first, with damage, in hopes that you wont persue it but dont be fooled. You have a lot of options.

First of all they have a legal responsibility to cover something because there is a implied warrenty to get it there in one piece nevr mind after adding insurance.

Call and push them. If they deny you ask to contest it.

If you get to impatient call your local Attourney generals offce. Information will have the number and this is a goverment organization designed to help people in your exact situation. They do this for free, are familiar with all the local laws, and will tell you all your legal rights and what you can do about it.

You can also call the better business burue and from there you can call both agencies in the area that the ups main office resides in.

Dont be intimidated by ups and call these agencies.
I have a friend who has a friend who knows a guy who has recieved a claim check from UPS :)

But all kidding aside this has been covered before and what Perfectimage says is the way it works, play the game and you will be fine.
Well I'm not going to give up, I was interested in other peoples input, because maybe they have had better luck than I am having right now, but I have all the time in the world. All they have to do is pay me and I'll go away.
Similar experience with FedEx. They destroyed a VPI TNT MKIV turntable, arm and cartridge in March. Filed the insurance claim, returned the buyer's money, communicated via phone, email finally resorted to writing the CEO. It's been 2 weeks since I emailed the CEO and founder and still no response. I'm left with no option other than legal. Having shipped over a hundred components via FedEx, i'm a card carrying FedEx account holder and believe they do a much better job than UPS, nevertheless, their customer service even with insured items is horrible.