High on Thier List, But Low on Yours

Is there any piece of equipment out there that a lot of audiophiles and reviewers like or love that you think is, ummm, crappy?
ohlala
I am dissapointed with: The power supply in Los Angeles, generic power cords supplied with the equipment, my wife tapping her nails or humming to a piece of music while I am attempting to evaluate a new piece of gear or change in my system (I am over her standing in front of one or the other speakers while also doing this), my ears and sometimes my brain.
Cardas interconnects. I've heard them badly beaten by products costing 1/10 th the amount.
Macintosh. I always thought it was really overated but I admit that not only do indavidual taste vary but also system matching plays a big part. I like the above bashed MIT Cables and Classe equipment. Although I have never heard Classe attacked MIT is under constant fire. It doesnt upset me as much as it confuses me.
Instead of crappy, maybe i should have stated, "not to your taste", but audio gear is just about personal tastes. We're talking about stuff, not people, so there's no reason to be sensitive. I don't understand why people like Paradigm speakers (too harsh for me), but i don't have a problem with it.
I never found the WATT/Puppy combo to be to my taste (haven't heard version 6 though). Probably because they are more designed for nearfield listening and I prefer a larger, more spacious sound, and maybe because I don't necessarily care that much about hearing everything on a recording and the shortcomings of upstream electronics vs. being moved by the music on the recording (sometimes too much detail can be a distraction). They just sounded too small, a beautiful and highly detailed but miniature version of an orchestra; I prefer the bigger sounds of Duntech/Dunlavy and Maggies.