Granite Audio Power cord 555

Hi,
I just wanted to let folks out there know the construction and therefore the cost basis of the cord above.
I had to take mine apart to lift the ground and was quite disappointed to fine some very cheap power extension cord
connected to some nice connectors. The prices below are for purchases of single units or for the purchase of very short lengths as in the case of the shrink tubing or polyester sleeving.
Break down:
Hubble Plug 12.50
Wattagate 320 IEC 24.50
Cable 50c/ft
polyester sleeving 50c/ft
shrink tubing $2.5 per/6' length
RFI/EMF torriods 25c
Contact conditioner???
The grand total here is...approximate $50. mostly for the connectors...50% for the wattagate which can be replace with the marinco iec for 12.50.
I know this because I have made this same cable. These are being auctioned off at "Quest for Sound" right now with a starting price of $250. Make it you self. For get everything but the connectors and cabble and you have a $40
$250-$500 power cord. By the way the labor is about 1/2hr.
Is the indicative of the markup on other Granite products?
%500 to %1000
nealb
When I was in the audio equipment manufacturing business our rule of thumb for the retail price was five times the cost of parts. We got about 60% and the dealer got the other 40% of the retail price. We had hundreds of parts in the bill of material to assemble, product advertising, rep commisions and warranty expenses.
All I have to add is that I tried the 555's & sent them back. They were lame from day one; breakin for several hundred hours was of no help. I was supposed to receive a "full refund" but they withheld 10%; not that it was any big deal but was certainly not as-advertised. Was then solicited to audition another model 'money up-front, fully refundable' (fool me twice = shame on me) so no thank you.
That's not true, Bob Bundus. Why must you lie about your refund amount and my offer to send our better cord at no extra cost to you?

You received a refund exactly as advertised. You ordered two cords by fax on 5-11-2000 charged to your mastercard. The cords shipped on 5-11-2000. On 5-21-2000 you sent me a very nice letter stating the things you liked about our cord and the things you didn't like, and you asked to return them for a refund minus shipping cost of $7 and credit card bank fee of 3% (not 10%). I processed your refund on 5-30-2000 and only deducted the $7 shipping plus $12 bank card fee as specified by your letter and our advertised audition return policy.

I offered to send you two of our Model #560 cords at no extra cost to you unless you kept them. I offered to pay the shipping expenses both ways even if you didn't keep them, and not charge any extra to your card during the extra audition period.

I have your fax, letter, and all emails on file to prove I'm telling the truth. Shame on you for lying, Bob.
Dekay: Good. BTW, there's nothing else to use but your ears in DBT. Probably a "same-different" method would be best for this situation. Agreed?