Lexicon DC-1 or Theta Casa Nova

I am currently using a Lexicon DC-1 with 24 BIT DACs in my system and for HT this is excellent, my problem is in the 2 channel audio mode. I do not feel like the Lexicon does a very good job in this area. I am considering the Theta Casa Nova to replace the Lexicon, possibly the Casablanca if I can find used/reasonable$. Has anyone A/B'd these 2, Lexicon/Theta, I am trying to figure out if going to Theta will improve my 2 channel listening. Thanks in advance.
goose89
Aga's on the right path. I had a dealer that wanted to sell me an MC1 and a SimAudio pre that had the HT passthrough. Here's a post from another board explaining connections: Posted by Michael on November 05, 1999 at 07:45:21: In Reply to: Re: Need Help:How can I connect a pre to Theta Casanova posted by Joly on November 04, 1999 at 22:11:12: Joly, Are you attempting to add a dedicated 2 channel preamp where you would use the that unit for music and the CasaNova for HT? If that is the case, then it is not really not that hard to accomplish. You can do this in several different ways. One of the easiest ways is to purchase a 2 channel preamp that has a unity gain feature. A unity gain is essentially a pass through where the incoming signal is passed directly through without being affected by the gain of the preamp. Take the front L&R preamp outputs, from the CasaNova, and connect them to an input on the 2 channel preamp. Connect the preamp L&R outputs, from the 2 channel preamp, to your amp as usual. If the 2 channel preamp does not have a unity gain feature, then you could use the tape monitor capability and if all else fails, simply use any available input on the 2 channel preamp. In the last case, you will have to set the 2 channel preamp volume knob to a known position, which should be as high as possible, whenever you want to use the CasaNova, for HT. Also, keep in mind to calibrate the front L&R speaker levels, through the CasaNova, noting the volume knob position on the 2 channel preamp. I hope this helps. The url I posted for the smr forums didn't come through the message. I'll try again: http://www.smr-home-theatre.org
Aga's on the right path. I had a dealer that wanted to sell me an MC1 and a SimAudio pre that had the HT passthrough. Here's a post from another board explaining connections: Posted by Michael on November 05, 1999 at 07:45:21: In Reply to: Re: Need Help:How can I connect a pre to Theta Casanova posted by Joly on November 04, 1999 at 22:11:12: Joly, Are you attempting to add a dedicated 2 channel preamp where you would use the that unit for music and the CasaNova for HT? If that is the case, then it is not really not that hard to accomplish. You can do this in several different ways. One of the easiest ways is to purchase a 2 channel preamp that has a unity gain feature. A unity gain is essentially a pass through where the incoming signal is passed directly through without being affected by the gain of the preamp. Take the front L&R preamp outputs, from the CasaNova, and connect them to an input on the 2 channel preamp. Connect the preamp L&R outputs, from the 2 channel preamp, to your amp as usual. If the 2 channel preamp does not have a unity gain feature, then you could use the tape monitor capability and if all else fails, simply use any available input on the 2 channel preamp. In the last case, you will have to set the 2 channel preamp volume knob to a known position, which should be as high as possible, whenever you want to use the CasaNova, for HT. Also, keep in mind to calibrate the front L&R speaker levels, through the CasaNova, noting the volume knob position on the 2 channel preamp. I hope this helps. The url I posted for the smr forums didn't come through the message. I'll try again: http://www.smr-home-theatre.org
i have the 8008bb.plus i use a sft1 for digital.i am looking down the road when the source formats become stable.iuse a dc-1 but no matter what you use your going to be passed by the d/a in the pre.true audiophiles will say that a stereo pre is better than any procesor in the market.when you read about the power suplies etc.you can not deny the fact that this is like a reciver versus separates.for me the dc-1 is more than enough for ht the hales combo with a velodyne 15 subwoofer is great.the fact of running 2 sets of interconects is what i had in mind.i think that after i buy the pre (mark levinson or sonic frontiers)i will hook up a adcom changer i have from before the upgrade to the transport.then get a good cd (many here like the resolution cd 50.my choice becouse i have listened to them would be a wadia 860 or a mark levinson 39)after that the options are open to conect whatever comes out to the pre(sacd -dad ect).
i am sorry that in the first response i posted that the lexicon was the mc when it is the dc,i always confuse them the dc -1 has 20bit dacs and the mc-i has 24 bits