Outdoor antenna setup

I will soon be in a position to install an outdoor antenna on the south west peak of my house. Living in Hartford, CT I am hoping to pull in some Boston or NYC stations. I'd like some advice on the type of antenna to buy and what type of cable to use(coaxial vs flat), the necessity of a rotator and other helpful pearls of wisdom. I will need to run 75-100 feet of cable to get from my antenna to my tuner(Rotel receiver Rx-975). Also advice on alternative tuners considering my location and desire to get stations 120 miles away would be appreciated. Thanks alot. Len
bigo
Fyne: you do not want a plain old grounding block; you want a gas-discharge type surge supressor, similar to Tru-Spec model GRB-ARM. The grounding block will shunt any transients on the shield back to a good ground connection, but will not protect the center conductor, which is where most of the damage can occur if induced into your receiving equipment, be it a TV, a radio tuner, VCR tuner, whatever.
Yes signal losses do occur, but not so much from the protection device itself as from the two type-F connections (input & output). Expect around 0.5dB to 0.75dB typical loss through the whole arrangement, which is quite acceptable if the entire system is properly designed.
http://www.antennaperformance.com/

It's an "interesting" discussion. BIGO, given where you live, APS can probably service you directly or recommend a technician who does. BTW, the installation was not difficult for either the technician or my $pocketbook. Lots of listening pleasure from live Tanglewood Concerts this summer, and BSO in Symphony Hall in the winter. BIGO should be able to get both Boston and NYC.