Buy a CD now or wait new technology

I intend upgrading my CD or alternately going for a two box system, up from a meridian 206 to maybe Accuphase,Audiomeca or one or two others in that league.Should I make my move now or wait for the new technology?.If I buy now will I be faced with a substantial loss when I try to sell the usurped components when the new gear comes on to the market.What would you do. Thanks heaps to any an all contributors.
ssomsit
This very topic has been broached in a thread entitled "Coping in an age of uncertainty". Do an archive search to find it.
Buy a SACD player. SACD is not going away.
The SCD 1 is no slouch at redbook or as transport.
The new digital formats may coexist, but for different audiences. SACD just plain sounds good.
Life is short, your hearing isn't getting any better.
In addition to the thread that Metaphysics identifies there are many others that discuss this topic as well. Some may not be titled as such, but at some point the thread goes into a discussion on this very concern. You will find additional comments in thee threads. Good Luck, Doug
A good 24bit player or DAC is a big improvement over older technology. I am not as sure about things like SACD and DVD-A being here to stay. Three years also HDCD was the thing that was going to make orginary CD players obsolete; now it is almost forgotten because "ordinary" 24 bit players sound as good or better.