SACD Going Mainstream?

Now that Sony is coming out with cheaper SACD units, such as the new DVD/SACD player and the 5-disc SACD changer I saw advertised on E-Bay for $699, does this mean that we may see a glut of new players from others such as NAD, Rotel, Adcom, etc.? Or are most companies leaning more toward the DVD-A format? If anyone has heard about any new SACD models, please share.
mvwine
The only low-priced SACD players I've seen announced have been by Sony. I haven't seen many low-priced DVD-A players either. I have no real insight as to strategy, but it makes sense to me that Sony's introduction of the cheaper SACD player is hoped to be followed by some software providers putting material out in the SACD format -ie, Sony's priming the pump.
According to the May Stereophile, as of last January there were nine manufacturers with 11 different SACD players on the market. Sony and Marantz seem to be heading up the low cost units, with Sony expected in July to begin selling there SCD-CE775 player for $400. Pioneerhas it's DVD-X10 unit out for $2500 that plays both SACD and DVD-A.
Classe, cCS also have shown prototype SACD machines all based on the Sony top load system.
Panasonic, Toshiba, Denon and Yamaha still apear to be chasing DVD-A while EAD and Rotel are developing universal players.
Will the prices come down? you bet. Will they be targeted at the average consumer? I think so. Will SACD be avalible everywhere? it's now at Best Buy with prices under $25.00. SACD is here, it works, it sounds great, it's a winner.
The only low-priced SACD players I've seen announced have been by Sony. I haven't seen many low-priced DVD-A players either. I have no real insight as to strategy, but it makes sense to me that Sony's introduction of the cheaper SACD player is hoped to be followed by some software providers putting material out in the SACD format -ie, Sony's priming the pump.
The list price for sony sacd's has been lowered to 19.98 and is rumoured to keep falling,and have a lot more titles available.