SACD Going Mainstream?

Now that Sony is coming out with cheaper SACD units, such as the new DVD/SACD player and the 5-disc SACD changer I saw advertised on E-Bay for $699, does this mean that we may see a glut of new players from others such as NAD, Rotel, Adcom, etc.? Or are most companies leaning more toward the DVD-A format? If anyone has heard about any new SACD models, please share.
mvwine
Apex has announced a $299 SACD, DVD-A, HDCD player to be out this summer. I'll hold my judgment until I hear and touch one.

Philips, Sony's SACD partner, should be releasing more SACD players. There's only one Philips player right now. Philips tends to sell well in the bargain price range.

Sharp is selling a SACD player in Japan. I suspect lower priced SACD models from Sharp are coming--but I've not seen any announcements.

Pioneer sells one SACD model. I bet we'll see many more before Christmas.
Does anyone know how many SACD titles (approx.) are presently available? Thanks. Craig.
Hi Craig, I know at CES in January there were 235 titles. I've seen a ton this past month and more with projected release dates. The good news is it's not just reissue, there is alot from the high end studios too.
According to a British HiFi Magazine, Virgin Records is so pleased with the sales of it first SACD, Oldfield's Tubular Bells, that in the next couple months will release 25 of some of its top records in SACD. No mention which albums these would be, but Virgin Records represents the Rolling Stones, David Bowie, Tina Turner, Smashing Pumkins, Janet Jackson, Lenny Kravitz, Yanni, and John Lee Hooker---to name a few that come to mind.