Help me discover some new music...

Hi, Gang,

My rig is finally at a level that I don't feel a great need to invest in new gear. Rather, I'm looking for new music to discover. I feel like I'm listening to a lot of the "same old stuff."

I listen to mostly rock and pop, with a little orchestral/soundtrack music thrown in and a bit of jazz, too.

Here's what I know and love:

Steely Dan (including Becker and Fagen solo efforts)
Sade
James Taylor
Beatles
Dire Straits
Bonnie Raitt
Eagles
Paul Simon
Some classical Chesky LP's
Joe Jackson
Ingrid Michaelson
Chicago
Basia
Blood, Sweat and Tears
Earth Wind and Fire
Supertramp
Queen

,,, and a lot of other things I'm not thinking of right now.

Anybody want to be my "Pandora" and suggest things I should check out? Great music is primary, but great sonics also appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
rebbi
Also, do not be afraid to try any music from the pre-Beatles era. You will be amazed at how good many older recordings sound on a really good system, especially those given a good digital mastering treatment. Mono recordings in particular can be a revelation. Many recordings that I always thought sounded bland, flat or uninteresting in the past blow me away now these days.

Ever hear a Sun Records digital remaster of "Blue Suede Shoes" by Carl Perkins on a modern good system? If not, give it a try. You can't go wrong. Or similar with old Muddy Waters material on Chess Records.
Joe Bonamassa - Live from nowhere in particular
Black Dub

Both new on my frequent play list
I agree with Viridian that you might want to check out some new genres. If you find one you enjoy, it will open your mind to even more great music. My list used to look like yours and that music has been out of rotation for awhile in my house.

You've got a very nice system and you need more female vocals. Since Melody Gardot is not on your list, you should get her new release 'The Absence'. This is her third release and depending on who you are it's her best or her worst effort. That's why you should start with this one. You have nothing to compare it to. I happen to know it's her best. lol (no, seriously)

You should also check out Cassandra Wilson's new release 'Another Country'. Cassandra is one of the most talented musicians of all time. This nicely produced release features the amazing jazz guitar work of Fabrizio Sotti.Very guitar driven and romantic.

For some rock, I really like Alabama Shakes debut 'Boys & Girls'. The lead singer, Brittany Howard, has a voice somewhere in between Janis Joplin and Otis Redding.