My New Bel Canto DAC 2

Well...it's just outta the box, and it certainly needs some break-in, but here's my initial reaction. All obsevations are meant to be comparisons with the DAC 1.1. Most importantly the DAC 2 significantly deepens the soundstage. I'd even go so far as saying that it's 30/40 percent deeper. Next, vocals both male and female, are clearer and a little more forward. It seems that the DAC 2 has lost some of the 1.1's liquidity and therefore is a little less musical. On the other hand the occasional muffling that the 1.1 is guilty of has disappeared. I'll get back after some significant break-in. Cheers.
tbadder
Are the power cords you upgraded too going into the DAC or elsewhere? I'll be curious to hear what difference it makes....Thanks for your thorough review and comments...
My DAC is installed in the pre-amp, so in a way the powercord is going to the DAC. I'll update in another week or so.
I also have DAC 2, that is probably only half-burned in. It is more transparent than my former Theta IIIa. There is less texture or grain, although I never thought of the Theta this way. The bass has improved, and is quite good. Overall, the presentation is less upfront than the Theta, but I must point out that I tend to like things a little upfront. However, there is no contest in terms of information retrieval and cleanness -- The DAC 2 wins here. Until I try some other things, I must say that the DAC 2 is quite a fine sounding piece, and may stay in my system for some time.
Guys, hope you don't mind my posting just so I ca follow this thread.
A'gon, here's an idea:
How about allowing a thread to be flagged w/o having to post?

KP