need help - Cd players

I'm thinking of getting a CD player in the range of $600 to $700.

I've been researching on what to buy but still no definite answer.
I've look at tubed-players (AMC, Jolida, Heart, AH! and Norh) and solid-states like Rotel 971 and NAD 541.

I can't auditioned much players as a local hifi shop does not carry most of them. The other hifi shop only stocks pioneer and yamaha brands. :-\

So I will have to decide based on suggestions and instinc. :)

If you have better suggestions, please reply to this thread.

Thank you in advance. :)

jayel
jarthel
Better suggestions can be given if you would post what is in your current system and any sonic errors it commits. All I can add is that the Rotel is better built than the AMC and NAD & is more reliable than the NAD.
Get the new Music Hall MMF-25 - a great sounding CD player
at a great price. Front loading too - not something you
have find a top shelf for - like the Rega Planet.
I'm still breaking mine in - and it has better build
quality and sound than just about anything under $1K!
I would take the CAL Icon MkII. Analog sound, sweet top, beautiful mid and vocal, bass authority. Very reliable player.
You have good recommendations above. A Stan Warren modified Pioneer or comparable player is excellent and a good investment. Pioneer DVC 503 is $179 at Costco and $250 mod. Used Rega Planet 2000. Audio Refinement Complete. Creek cd 43 or Music Hall 25. CAL good options also. Have fun.
Stan Warren also mod's the Sony s9000es for $250. I spoke with Stan on several occasions. Stan says it brings about 25% sonic improvement. A friend of a friend who is an audio reviewer had Stan mod his s9000es and apparently he claimed about a 40% sonic improvement.

So $700 for a used Sony s9000es and $250 for Stan's mod. That would be quite a unit for a small price.