Best Phono Pre for Teres

Well after reading and listening I finally bought the Teres
340. Triplaner arm and ZYX UNIverse cart.- What do you guys rec. for a pre- I was thinking of the Lamm, Audio Research ref.,or whatever else you guys can recommend- I am using a all tube system- thanks,gary
bebop86
How about the new Tron Syren (see recent 6 moons review). This is a fantastic tube pre-amp. It has standard line inputs as well as a top notch tube phon section with user adjustable gain. It is essentailly a bespoke preamp with short signal paths, special components and transformers and battleship build quality. It sound fantastic is very, very quiet, even on phono. www.tron-electric.com
i am so confused.I Have a 901SHELTER.Was set on a condor then the new shelter 90x now the UNIverse, whats a guy to do? listen to rock and roll mostly and some pop,alot of MFSL albums on VPI extended with a 12.5 arm, THOR 3000 stage, KRELL HTS preamp and KRELL KAV2250 amp with B&W 802 SPEAKERS. came from home theater back to vinyl. all constructive advise apretiated. p.kogan
Koegz,
I have yet to hear the Shelter 90X vs any of the ZYX cartridges, but I had a Shelter 901.
I did do a full weekend comparison of the Airy2, Airy3, UNIverese, Koetsu Rosewood Signature Platinum, and Shelter 901. All of the ZYX cartridges were far superior to either the Shelter 901 and the Koetsu RSP. The Koetsu was far,far better than the Shelter 901 (which is an excellent cartridge).
The Airy2 was far better than even the Koetsu, the Airy3 is signifitcantly faster, more detailed and more dynamic than the Airy2, but a bit bright in my system and for my taste. The UNIverse (what I own and listen to now) is faster, more detailed, more musical, and more emotional than the Airy3 by a large margin and without any of the brightness of the Airy3.
If you like hard rock, big dynamics and don't mind a bit of a lean towards the bright side and your system wants a bit more brightness, the Airy3 would be a great value. If money is not an issue, the UNIverese will end your searching for the great cartridge and leave you focused on working on the rest of your system.
I hope this all helps.
Rgds,
Larry
Is anyone using the Tom Evans Groove Phone Pre?. Will it have enough gain for the Universe?.
Dear Kogan: I agree with Cello about the KRSP against the 901.
Now for your kind of music and audio system that you own, my advise goes for the: 90X, none of the ZYX can beat it. With the 90X you will be extremely satisfied: you can't ask for more!!!!

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.