DACs: Burmester vs. Meitner vs. dcs

Any comments would be appreciated.
libor35
"i am also adding 220v outlets for future possibilies"

Adding these outlets is a stroke of genius on your part. After reading your post and glancing at your system, I am convinced that putting a washer/dryer combination in your listening room can't help but to improve the results you're getting in there.

Sincerely,

Holton Corsey
you read my mind......i kinda need a 'spin cycle'. Maytag is bringing out their own amplifiers.

actually, the Tenors are said to perform better on 220v....and so do some other amps. it's cheap and easy to install now.....even if i never use it.
this talk about 220 volts has triggered some questions are their companies which make high end 220 AC outlets? How about high end 220 voltage power cords?
Mejames,

i have no knowledge of any 'special' 220 volt outlets.....i would guess that they are typically more 'robust' than a standard 110 duplex outlet....the plug arrangement is certainly more secure with more contact area. i have a few friends that have had their power cords modified for these 220 volt applications.....there are no real challenges since the power cords already have the construction to handle it....it is just a matter of the plug.

my guess is that in many cases 220 volt operation will bypass some parts of the power supply that are necessary for 110 volt operation......this probably will lower noise and improve dynamics to some small degree. (my lack of legitimate knowledge of things electrical has likely got me over my head here......ultimately i'll deciede by listeneing).

i know when i owned my Levinson #33h and later #33 amplifiers......that changing to 220v would have improved the performance......i had heard those with 220v and they were better.

for me it is more a matter of doing this while my room is being constructed and the walls are openned up......i haven't done enough 'homework' to be certain this is something i want to do. having 220v outlets will allow me to try products from other parts of the world that have that as their native voltage.
Mike,
my guess is that in many cases 220 volt operation will bypass some parts of the power supply that are necessary for 110 volt operation
I don't know about all cases (who does?), but I know that to change my Welborne Labs Laurels over to run off 220v means just changing the wiring of the transformers. The different taps are there, and it's just a matter of connecting up the right combination. I think in general this would be true. I would not expect that parts would be bypassed.

There could be an advantage, of course.

I always wondered if the remarkable interest in after-market power cords by US audiophiles, which was not as predominant in Europe and the Pacific, was mainly due to the lower mains voltages. (By this argument one might think that the Japanese audiophiles running 100v would show even more interest.)

It could just be a timing thing though, as we are seeing the UK mags (like HiFi+) reviewing power cords these days; but it does seem to me that the US was into this for quite a few years before the 220v countries.

Regards,