Aaaugh Please recommend a DVD player

Feeling a bit overwhelmed.
Time to upgrade my year 2000 Panasonic DVD-RV31 and I know very little about DVD players. Now that I am looking, I feel even more lost with all the brands and models out now.
Why upgrade? The Panasonic is pretty weak when playing music. Hardly any bass and it has a very closed in sound.

This is what I am looking for…
Under 500.00 used
I would like for to include SACD
Not sure if this is standard still but I want both analog and digital connections.
75% music 25% Movies

Thanks in advance all you audiophile junkies
jer
phillips 963sa <$500 NEW. excellent video and sacd. do some research. this has gotten raves all over. i own this and couldn't be more pleased.

aloha keith
I just sent my Pioneer in for a mod and will get it back in a week or so. Will let you know my thoughts versus the stock unit if you let me know. You should be able to get a DV 45 for about $275 used.

R.
Nice this is helping ALOT. I will look into the Denon and will be interested to hear back on your mod update with a DV45. I am seeing the Phillips 963sa and Sony DVPS9000ES mentioned quite a bit around here. The Sony may be above my price range.
Philips 963sa stock or
Philips 963sa modified for analog/digital/power supply and progressive board is superior to the Denon 5900 that I sold in every aspect.
If you want an even cheaper avenue, get a modded Pioneer 563 which will be close to the modded 963sa in all aspects except video.
As far as stock, I would go for the 963sa.

Greg
I agree with the people above suggesting the Philips DVD-963SA. The video side is great, and the audio side is fantastic considering the $500 price tag. There are also plenty of upgrades/mods you can do to it to make it even nicer later :-).