Aaaugh Please recommend a DVD player

Feeling a bit overwhelmed.
Time to upgrade my year 2000 Panasonic DVD-RV31 and I know very little about DVD players. Now that I am looking, I feel even more lost with all the brands and models out now.
Why upgrade? The Panasonic is pretty weak when playing music. Hardly any bass and it has a very closed in sound.

This is what I am looking for…
Under 500.00 used
I would like for to include SACD
Not sure if this is standard still but I want both analog and digital connections.
75% music 25% Movies

Thanks in advance all you audiophile junkies
jer
Nice this is helping ALOT. I will look into the Denon and will be interested to hear back on your mod update with a DV45. I am seeing the Phillips 963sa and Sony DVPS9000ES mentioned quite a bit around here. The Sony may be above my price range.
Philips 963sa stock or
Philips 963sa modified for analog/digital/power supply and progressive board is superior to the Denon 5900 that I sold in every aspect.
If you want an even cheaper avenue, get a modded Pioneer 563 which will be close to the modded 963sa in all aspects except video.
As far as stock, I would go for the 963sa.

Greg
I agree with the people above suggesting the Philips DVD-963SA. The video side is great, and the audio side is fantastic considering the $500 price tag. There are also plenty of upgrades/mods you can do to it to make it even nicer later :-).
The Philips, for sure - great value at everything it does, and it does most things. I wouldn't bother with any Pioneer if video is your priority.
How about if you take the SACD requirement out of the mix? Just great DVD picture and great CD sound. Does that change anyone's opinion?

The Philips sounds like a great deal and I am leaning towards it. But I am a little embarassed to say, how the unit looks is influencing me to a degree, and it isn't very sexy looking.